Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CLI obsession.

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Best Buy CLI obsession.

It is driving me CRAZY, people!!!!  I have requested and been denied TWICE with the Luv button, have PIFed everything I have bought there, and they will not show me the Luv.  My 4th statement cut last week. Smiley Sad And still  NOOOOOOO Luv for Lisa. Double Smiley Sad

I know we have had this discussion, but has anyone else had a similar experience and eventually been successful?  Anything I can do to get this going faster?  Could it be that I already have two other HSBC backed cards???? 

I know you guys are probably sick of me whining about the Luv I am not getting.  I just can't figure out why?!? Should I call?

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best Buy CLI obsession.

Are these requests resulting in a hard credit pull? If yes, you need to chill. After 4 months most lenders will not give you an increase, your lucky if you'll get one at 6 months- you may appear desperate.
Message 2 of 9
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

You have one of the worst cases of "need for immediate gratification", of which I have awareness. If you are writing that you have had this account four months, I just can't imagine why you think they would be ready to give you more. (four months ago they gave you what they wanted you to have for now) Sure, a lot of people get increases soon after thirty days but they are almost always not by request. The very fact you have requested so soon, not to mention more than once probably has marked you in the system for review before any form of increase.

Your actions do seem desperate and this is no time to act desperate. Perhaps if you called them and admit you may have given them the wrong impression by the obsessive request, you could ask for a guideline as to how they approach these requests. Right now you seem like a bouncing ball. (this is not a receptive ccc either)

Good luck,

CI

@LisaJ wrote:

It is driving me CRAZY, people!!!!  I have requested and been denied TWICE with the Luv button, have PIFed everything I have bought there, and they will not show me the Luv.  My 4th statement cut last week. Smiley Sad And still  NOOOOOOO Luv for Lisa. Double Smiley Sad

I know we have had this discussion, but has anyone else had a similar experience and eventually been successful?  Anything I can do to get this going faster?  Could it be that I already have two other HSBC backed cards???? 

I know you guys are probably sick of me whining about the Luv I am not getting.  I just can't figure out why?!? Should I call?

Message 3 of 9
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

I have a Best Buy card as well. I've hit the luv button and got denied, stating that it had been less than 6 months since my last CLI. This appears to be a hard and fast rule for them.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CHARGE_IT wrote:

You have one of the worst cases of "need for immediate gratification", of which I have awareness. If you are writing that you have had this account four months, I just can't imagine why you think they would be ready to give you more. (four months ago they gave you what they wanted you to have for now) Sure, a lot of people get increases soon after thirty days but they are almost always not by request. The very fact you have requested so soon, not to mention more than once probably has marked you in the system for review before any form of increase.

Your actions do seem desperate and this is no time to act desperate. Perhaps if you called them and admit you may have given them the wrong impression by the obsessive request, you could ask for a guideline as to how they approach these requests. Right now you seem like a bouncing ball. (this is not a receptive ccc either)

Good luck,

CI

@LisaJ wrote:

First of all - wow. I have to admit I'm taken aback by your bluntness. Throwing around that kind of language is probably not advisable. 

But, back to the subject at hand. Looking at LisaJ's post in Best Buy luv button thread, it seems that a CLI right now would definitely help util, as she's spending $1000 with a current $2200 CL. And I can personally attest to the fact that consumer-requested CLI's can occur even after only 3 months. Granted, mine was only for $200 (and I was requesting out of curiosity more than anything else), but that shows Best Buy doesn't necessarily have a hard-and-fast rule about this. Therefore, LisaJ, I would recommend giving them a call and seeing if they have any information for you. I would DEFINITELY not hit the luv button again - hopefully talking to a CSR will get you somewhere (...there's a first for everything... haha :-P)

Message 5 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Please remember to be friendly and supportive, even when applying "tough love."
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

LisaJ wrote:

I have a store card which started at $2500, and the two times I asked for a CLI (not sure at this point why I was even trying), I was shot right out of the water. Somewhere around the 9th month, I used the online button and went to $4000.

They are just NOT going to increase you this quickly, after only 4-5 months. I'm still flabbergasted that I didn't have to wait a year on mine.

Can I ask what a CLI is going to do for you? (help util, allow you to make an important purchase, add a notch to your credit belt, etc.) Sometimes you must accept the message that they're giving you and shove the CLI out of your mind for a while. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

One thing strage with HSBC/BB. They gave me only $300 CL when the approved my Personal Card. But when I applied for Biz Card they gave me a business card with $15K Cl go figure.
Message Edited by concorduser on 03-25-2009 02:27 PM
Message 8 of 9
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

This card grants CLI's every 6 months.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.