Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy CLI

After reading multiple posts, I finally got up the courage to use the luv button on Best Buy's website. My CL was increased from $3300.00 to $4700! I feel so giddy. I only wanted the CLI to lower my overall revolving UTIL since paying off BofA in full is not a possibility right now. This card has been SD for almost a year.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read my post; and, for being a constant source of inspiration.

Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read my post; and, for being a constant source of inspiration.

Congrats

And it looks to me you are an inspiration to some.

Message 2 of 69
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

do u have the mastercard or store card? i looked online but i dont see a place for a cli on the website? i've had the card a year no cli, still at $2000 limit. maybe i have a card that i can't get a cli increase how can i tell if i have a plan a or plan b card?
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 3 of 69
nicemann
Established Contributor

Really good question....MasterCard or Store Card?  I have only had my MC for about 7 months, but it is still at a $300 CL.  I am working up the nerve to call for a CLI and if they decline I may cancel the card.  It is my only card with an AF and by far my lowest CL.
Message 4 of 69
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

yea i wondered what type the op had? like i said mine is a year old, i need to check online also but i think it has an Af if so and they don't waive it and grant cli i may say adios!
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 5 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats tonnie!!
Message 6 of 69
m_jonis
Contributor

Just an FYI:

Once you reach $10,000 CL, BB will then do a hard pull for any increase after that.

I found out the hard way.

Finally made it to 813
Message 7 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe mine is the Program A. It is the BB card, not the MC. I went to the "manage my account" section to find the luv button. It is on the immediate left side of the page under "account maintenance".

This is what I was told by the CS rep at BB:  If you had good credit when you applied, you most likely have the Program A. If you didn't get approval for Program A, BB gives you the default Program B. I don't know if Program B gives CLI or not. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Message Edited by tonnie39 on 11-16-2008 04:51 PM
Message Edited by tonnie39 on 11-16-2008 04:56 PM
Message 8 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

m_jonis,

Thanks for putting out that useful information! Sorry that happened to you. I would have been a little upset to put it mildly.

Message 9 of 69
USC08
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe mine is the Program A. It is the BB card, not the MC. I went to the "manage my account" section to find the luv button. It is on the immediate left side of the page under "account maintenance".

This is what I was told by the CS rep at BB:  If you had good credit when you applied, you most likely have the Program A. If you didn't get approval for Program A, BB gives you the default Program B. I don't know if Program B gives CLI or not. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Message Edited by tonnie39 on 11-16-2008 04:51 PM
Message Edited by tonnie39 on 11-16-2008 04:56 PM

I wonder what the starting CL for the Tier A is as opposed to the Tier B cards? Anyone happen to know? I started off with $1800 CL so I'm not sure if I'm on the A or B program.
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 10 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.