Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CLI

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy CLI

Just checked my Equifax Credit Watch and pulled a new report which shows soft pulls.  HSBC did pull a soft on the day I requested the CLI.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 69
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

It's better than a hard pull. I hated when they pulled a hard copy of my report when I requested a CLI on my BB Mastercard. That's why it's been closed for a while now.
Message 32 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Itsmeagain,

When I got my CLI on the BB store card, it was a soft pull.

Congrats YoungEntrepreneur & Itsmeagain on your recent CLI.

Message 33 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the BB RZ MC and at the begining of the month I noticed that HSBC gave me a $200 CLI.

It was an auto CLI as I do not have a luv button.  

I applied for the card in May of last year 08 after I received a pre-approval invite in the mail and was promptly approved with a $300 CL.   about 4 months after that I received an auto increase to $500 and now another CLI so I'm now at $700 total.

Not great but seeing as the card isn't even a year old yet I said it's not too bad. I wonder if I will get another CLI when the card hits it's 1 year anniversery this May. Unfortunately, though my 1 year of 0% interest will be over and I will also have to pay an annual fee. of $59 but at this point I really don't want to close the card.

I don't know if this is a program A or B card but if I had to guess I'd say it was B because my scores weren't that great when I applied (640-650) of course now they are at 700`and above.

Message 34 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

So my husband applied for a CLI on his best buy account using the love button. Now granted his scores are not the best but he has had the account for a long time with Best Buy and has used it frequently without ever being over the limit.  His current limit is $800 and he is using $500.  Literally about 5 second after he pressed the button he got the message back

Thank you for using Online Customer Care. Unfortunately, we are unable to approve your request for a credit limit increase at this time. You will receive a letter indicating the reason your request was declined within 30 days, but is usually received within 7 to 10 days.

Anyone have any ideas? It didn't have time to do a Credit Check in the 5 seconds it took to decline.  He has only applied for credit once in the last year on each of his CRs and his scores are as in my sig.... I am really hoping that it didn't have a hard pull and affect his score when they declined it so quick.

Gah 

Message 35 of 69
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Susyquk wrote:

So my husband applied for a CLI on his best buy account using the love button. Now granted his scores are not the best but he has had the account for a long time with Best Buy and has used it frequently without ever being over the limit.  His current limit is $800 and he is using $500.  Literally about 5 second after he pressed the button he got the message back

Thank you for using Online Customer Care. Unfortunately, we are unable to approve your request for a credit limit increase at this time. You will receive a letter indicating the reason your request was declined within 30 days, but is usually received within 7 to 10 days.

Anyone have any ideas? It didn't have time to do a Credit Check in the 5 seconds it took to decline.  He has only applied for credit once in the last year on each of his CRs and his scores are as in my sig.... I am really hoping that it didn't have a hard pull and affect his score when they declined it so quick.

Gah 

Most likely it's that 62.5% utilization of his current CL that got him shot down so fast - creditors generally aren't keen on balances that exceed 50% of the limit, particularly when considering requests for more credit.

Util tolerance varies from creditor to creditor, but if you're not able to get that balance zeroed out or down to less than $80, I'd say try to get it down to under $160 (at least) before asking again for a CLI. 

For more info on Best Buy CLI experiences by other members on here, I'd say try a search on "Best Buy CLI" and see what turns up.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 36 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scamp wrote:

Most likely it's that 62.5% utilization of his current CL that got him shot down so fast - creditors generally aren't keen on balances that exceed 50% of the limit, particularly when considering requests for more credit.

Util tolerance varies from creditor to creditor, but if you're not able to get that balance zeroed out or down to less than $80, I'd say try to get it down to under $160 (at least) before asking again for a CLI. 

For more info on Best Buy CLI experiences by other members on here, I'd say try a search on "Best Buy CLI" and see what turns up.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Thank you, thank you! I did wonder if this was a possibility so I guess it'll be the next one I concentrate on getting down (I have been picking one card at a time to focus on) and then see if I can get a CLI for him then

Message 37 of 69
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

I've had 2 CLIs since I got my Best Buy card. Started at 1500, then 1800, then 2200.

Annoyingly enough the last CLI pushed it past the CLs of my first two credit cards, which have been sitting around at 2000 and 2100 for some time. :smileymad:

Message 38 of 69
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

I thought I hit the 10K ceiling with my BB store card because they refused to increase my limit when I clicked on the love button two months ago.  It was more than one year since my last CLI.

I called BB five days ago and spoke to a credit representative and asked her if she could look into increasing my limit without a hard pull and she put me on hold.   She got back on the phone and asked me how much I wanted and I told her not to get crazy.  She increased my limit from 10K to 12K.

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 39 of 69
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

I called today to request a CLI on my BB RZ card.  When I first got the card, my score was about 670 and I was approved at that time for a $500 CL.  I never went over the limit and always paid on time.  The account is 8 months old.  My score as of today is 724, but I was still declined.  I requested the CLI by phone, and I was declined quicker than I thought the CSR could have even possibly entered the information for the request.  It was an amazingly quick denial.  She informed beforehand that the request would result in them checking my credit report, but I don't see how they could have possibly checked it before denying me--it happened that quick.
Message 40 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.