Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CLI

tag
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy CLI

Still no sign of an inquiry on any of my reports from CLI request.  I have had inquiries for other things since, and they have all showed up already.  I really don't think they even checked my credit--I knew they denied me quicker than they would have even had a chance to if they had pulled my report.  I really wonder why they denied me without even looking at a report first.
Message 41 of 69
tiger67
Regular Contributor

I pushed the luv button last week. Instant CLI from 1500 to 2500, soft pull only.
Message 42 of 69
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Store card or Mastercard?  I don't have a luv button anywhere on my online access (I have the MC).  I called them about a month ago to confirm whether my card was even eligible for CLI's and they said it was.
Message 43 of 69
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Finally called in touch with someone from the credit department.  They said they need to see 12 months history before considering a CLI, which is why they never even pulled my credit.
Message 44 of 69
Roxlie
Contributor

I don't have a CLI button on my account.  I started with a $500 limit.  I have been keeping it PIF for the last few months and I made a payment the other day so I checked online to make sure it posted and there was a $100 CLI there.  I checked the date I opened it and the CLI came when the 12th statement hit the on the 15th.  I don't think it was coincidence.
Message 45 of 69
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

@Roxlie wrote:
I don't have a CLI button on my account.  I started with a $500 limit.  I have been keeping it PIF for the last few months and I made a payment the other day so I checked online to make sure it posted and there was a $100 CLI there.  I checked the date I opened it and the CLI came when the 12th statement hit the on the 15th.  I don't think it was coincidence.

No, definitely doesn't sound like a coincidence.  The rep I spoke with more or less said I would get some level of CLI on my anniversary.  Also, she mentioned that they get some sort of quarterly update from the credit bureaus that she said lets them know "my scores and what else is going on my reports" without actually doing a credit pull. This must be some type of "super" soft pull.

Message 46 of 69
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Scamp, it's an automatic denial if it hasn't been at least six months since you last CLI.
Message 47 of 69
eparker
Frequent Contributor

Hey guys....I'm new to the forum.  I've been reading the messages and taking advice.  I just applied for bb card today.  I was approved for $300.  Trying to get my scores up.  This forum reallyhelps.  Keep the advice coming. 

Thanks

TU: 617  EQ:  619 as of 04-20-09   EXP:  I have no idea.  trying to get to 750 real soon.  Trying to get in the 800 Club 

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 48 of 69
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Congrats eparker! Were you approved for the M/C?
Message 49 of 69
eparker
Frequent Contributor

It was the store card.  How soon do they give CLI once you have the card? 

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 50 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.