Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CLI

tag
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Best Buy CLI

I remembered today that it's been 6 months since I last requested a CLI for my Best Buy store card. So I hit the luv button and got approved! $700 increase, from 2.2k to 2.9. Not bad.

Now here's to hoping that between now and when I make a purchase, HSBC doesn't notice that I've never used the thing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy CLI

Congrats u better use it or loose it i have read best buy store cards getting closed after 3 months of noun use.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 06-29-2009 10:42 PM
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I better get in there and buy a battery. My last transaction at Best Buy was to pay off a tiny balance back in January. LOL.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the cli.
Message 4 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

congrats on the nice cli!

AFAIK if you go far past 3 mos. w/o use and don't get cancelled you are pretty much one of the lucky ones.  hsbc can be a harsh mistress, :smileyvery-happy:

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 10
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@score_building wrote:

AFAIK if you go far past 3 mos. w/o use and don't get cancelled you are pretty much one of the lucky ones. hsbc can be a harsh mistress, :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah... I've had this card *cough*over a year.

Truth be told I didn't actually want the card, (long story) but personally I think they looked at my CR and said "Wait a minute, a guy with that kinda credit wants our dinky store card? Give it to him before he changes his mind!". Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I've gotten away with going as long as 5 months without using my store card, and so far, so good --even got a CLI from $2500 to $4000. But I do try to get over periodically and air it out.

I'd go more often if Best Buys in our area weren't such a PITA to get in and out of. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 10
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Hit the luv button on my BB store card today and went from $3,700 to $5,200. Nice to see CLI's still being granted during these tough times.
Message 8 of 10
y0rascal
Regular Contributor

just hit the luv button went from 2500 to 3300 thanks for  the heads up =)
Message 9 of 10
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

@y0rascal wrote:
just hit the luv button went from 2500 to 3300 thanks for  the heads up =)

No problem, congrats!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.