Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CLI???

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Best Buy CLI???

So I got my card back in July of 2008 and only got one CLI of $200 back in December 2008 Smiley Indifferent so since everyone was getting good increases I decided to hit the love button myself and got this email back

Thank you for your email inquiry dated 02/16/2010. 

Please be advised, at this time we were unable to process your credit line
increase request due to a check hold that has been placed on your account. 
Once funds are verified by your bank, a credit line increase can be processed.
In order for us to further consider your request, it will be necessary for you
to contact us.  Please call us at 1-800-305-0533 and an associate will work
with you in an effort to fulfill your request. 

You will receive a letter in the mail advising you of our decision within 30
days.

We appreciate the opportunity to service your account online.

Sincerely,

HSBC Retail Services

Im really scared to call =(. I havent had an increase in a year and some odd months and I really want to get a new LED TV for my living room! But my limit is only 1,100 I charge about 5K a year on my card

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Best Buy CLI???

do you have your EX report frozen?
Message 2 of 9
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

No I dont I just paid my card off (about $500) and the payment has been pending for a while. I just dont want them to do a hard pull since a majority of the pulls are soft
Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

oh well then in that case I would wait for the pending payment to clear then push the luv button again.
Message 4 of 9
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Yea I was just wondering if i called and told them what I wanted to finance that they would actually give me a good limit. Like I said I charge alot on my card and having a limit about a 5th of how much I spend can be annoying at times. They tell you when they do hard pulls right? Im tempted to give them a call.
Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

CLI should be soft unless maybe you ask for more than what the system offers you.
Message 6 of 9
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Ok =D thanks your always a great help. Ill see what they say
Message 7 of 9
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

If I were you, I would go to your local BB store, pick out the TV you want, and have the rep call card services to see if they can raise your limit high enough for you to buy the TV. It all depends on how helpful the store rep and CSR on the phone will be.
Message 8 of 9
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I might just do that. I have already purchased two tv's that i really didnt want =( only because i didnt have a limit high enough to finance what I wanted. I called them and they werent much help.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.