Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy CLI!

Just hit the luv button well i did it over the phone. New CL is $1600 not bad I'm slowly getting up there.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy CLI!

Congrats!!  I just got one too!!  Went from $1920 to $2400 and only had the card since the end of July!!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 37
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! BB is good about CLI. My last cli was 1k from 4.7k to 5.7k not bad for a hsbc card.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you guys getting CLI's? I've had my card for 3 years and have tried everything and am still stuck with an 800 limit. Everytime I call, they say noone is getting CLI's right now but every now and then I read about people getting them on here. Just curious. 

Message 4 of 37
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How are you guys getting CLI's? I've had my card for 3 years and have tried everything and am still stuck with an 800 limit. Everytime I call, they say noone is getting CLI's right now but every now and then I read about people getting them on here. Just curious. 

Is your card the BB mastercard?

Message 5 of 37
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

I read something before where if you got approved for a low amount and you never get an increase you never will if it's the lowest tier best buy store card so you might have to reapply for a new one or talk to a csr about that. Im not saying it's true I just saw a previous post about that.
amazon
Message 6 of 37
ferrari
Regular Contributor

It is true and they will cite that as a reason for denial on the letter they send you (Tier B card). But I read a post here sometime ago that it is possible to upgrade if you call CSR and nag them

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ferrari wrote:

It is true and they will cite that as a reason for denial on the letter they send you (Tier B card). But I read a post here sometime ago that it is possible to upgrade if you call CSR and nag them

I experienced the same thing the first year i had my card. I'm assuming i was on the Tier B plan cause every time i would request a CLI the denial letter would state I'm at the max CL for my type of account. I called the credit department an complained about this like 2 or 3 times i was told to close the account an re apply to see if i could get a higher CL. That i didn't do. One night a year an a half ago i gave the button one last try an they gave me a $200 CLI to $800. I was shocked not sure if it had anything to do with me calling the credit department  a few times venting about how the card will never grow with me but i been getting CLI every 6 months since then. My credit has improved allot also since when I first applied so maybe that had something to do with it. I was going to close the account glade i didn't.

Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have the mastercard. When I called, they told me the tiers are only for store cards and B cards cannot get CLI's, however, since I have the mastercard, it doesn't affect me, just noone is getting CLI's at the moment. I have the gold card, and they suggested trying to reapply for the platinum so I might get a higher limit. I applied and was approved for the platinum with a higher interest rate and lower CL, so I cancelled the card. Luckily since I did it so quick, it hasn't affected or even shown up on my report that I did it. 

Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the MC offer 0% interest on certain purchases like the store card?

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.