Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 361
Registered: ‎07-31-2007
0

Best Buy CLI!

I'm having a good few weeks. After my APR reduction from Cap 1, I know got some luv from Best Buy's store card. Another member mentioned that they hit the luv button and said it was a soft pull, so I decided to give it a shot. Got a bump up to $1100. Now I'm debating doing HPs for Discover (either More or Open Road) and Citi Forward.

 

I think I'm spending about $120 in gas a month (I've only had the car three weeks, so that' s a guestimate) but I'd like to get something for my trouble.

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Best Buy CLI!


kc12286 wrote:

I'm having a good few weeks. After my APR reduction from Cap 1, I know got some luv from Best Buy's store card. Another member mentioned that they hit the luv button and said it was a soft pull, so I decided to give it a shot. Got a bump up to $1100. Now I'm debating doing HPs for Discover (either More or Open Road) and Citi Forward.

 

I think I'm spending about $120 in gas a month (I've only had the car three weeks, so that' s a guestimate) but I'd like to get something for my trouble.



Congrats!  If you app with Discover go for the Discover More.  The rewards are better. 

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 361
Registered: ‎07-31-2007
0

Re: Best Buy CLI!

[ Edited ]

DI wrote:

kc12286 wrote:

I'm having a good few weeks. After my APR reduction from Cap 1, I know got some luv from Best Buy's store card. Another member mentioned that they hit the luv button and said it was a soft pull, so I decided to give it a shot. Got a bump up to $1100. Now I'm debating doing HPs for Discover (either More or Open Road) and Citi Forward.

 

I think I'm spending about $120 in gas a month (I've only had the car three weeks, so that' s a guestimate) but I'd like to get something for my trouble.



Congrats!  If you app with Discover go for the Discover More.  The rewards are better. 


Definitely something to consider. I know the gas 5% back is July - Sept. But only for the first $100 each month? I don't know that I'd make good use of the other categories.

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Moderator
Posts: 15,075
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0

Re: Best Buy CLI!


kc12286 wrote:
 

Definitely something to consider. I know the gas 5% back is July - Sept. But only for the first $100 each month? I don't know that I'd make good use of the other categories.


Another feature of Discover that I use quite a bit is the Shop Discover option. There are dozens of merchants that offer CB if you link to their site from the Discover site and purchase something. All of them have at least 5% CB but some have as much as 15% CB. I just bought something from GNC yeserday with 15% CB.

 

Just something to research and consider.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".


 

Super Contributor
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Best Buy CLI!

[ Edited ]

kc12286 wrote:

DI wrote:

kc12286 wrote:

I'm having a good few weeks. After my APR reduction from Cap 1, I know got some luv from Best Buy's store card. Another member mentioned that they hit the luv button and said it was a soft pull, so I decided to give it a shot. Got a bump up to $1100. Now I'm debating doing HPs for Discover (either More or Open Road) and Citi Forward.

 

I think I'm spending about $120 in gas a month (I've only had the car three weeks, so that' s a guestimate) but I'd like to get something for my trouble.



Congrats!  If you app with Discover go for the Discover More.  The rewards are better. 


Definitely something to consider. I know the gas 5% back is July - Sept. But only for the first $100 each month? I don't know that I'd make good use of the other categories.


You get  5% cashback for up to $300 in purchases for July-Sept.   For example, this month's Grocery and Drug store purchases are capped at $200 too.  I''ve reached $200 in purchases, so,  I switched back to using my Chase Freedom to continue my accumulations with its rewards. 

 

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 361
Registered: ‎07-31-2007
0

Re: Best Buy CLI!


DI wrote:

kc12286 wrote:

DI wrote:

kc12286 wrote:

I'm having a good few weeks. After my APR reduction from Cap 1, I know got some luv from Best Buy's store card. Another member mentioned that they hit the luv button and said it was a soft pull, so I decided to give it a shot. Got a bump up to $1100. Now I'm debating doing HPs for Discover (either More or Open Road) and Citi Forward.

 

I think I'm spending about $120 in gas a month (I've only had the car three weeks, so that' s a guestimate) but I'd like to get something for my trouble.



Congrats!  If you app with Discover go for the Discover More.  The rewards are better. 


Definitely something to consider. I know the gas 5% back is July - Sept. But only for the first $100 each month? I don't know that I'd make good use of the other categories.


You get  5% cashback for up to $300 in purchases for July-Sept.   For example, this month's Grocery and Drug store purchases are capped at $200 too.  I''ve reached $200 in purchases, so,  I switched back to using my Chase Freedom to continue my accumulations with its rewards. 

 


 

I forgot about the Shop Discover options.  And it's nice to hear that I can get 5% up to $300. I think I may do it after my next SW alert, so that I get in time for the July usage.

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.