Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy CLI!

tag
kysin2014
Contributor

Re: Best Buy CLI!

My Best Buy store credit card is only at $800 limit and even today online I was declined for a credit line increase where it ask for your income.  My Best Buy credit card is with HSBC.  Apparently, they have two cards, one with HSBC and the other with Chase which is only available at the store when you apply.  Online is only with HSBC.  It sounds like you want the card through Chase who is allowing credit line increases.

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" height="50" border="0" >Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 769
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jinswaz wrote:

My Best Buy store credit card is only at $800 limit and even today online I was declined for a credit line increase where it ask for your income.  My Best Buy credit card is with HSBC.  Apparently, they have two cards, one with HSBC and the other with Chase which is only available at the store when you apply.  Online is only with HSBC.  It sounds like you want the card through Chase who is allowing credit line increases.

My store card is with HSBC, as yours most likely is.  The difference is you have a card that is under "Plan B" which is apparently limited to $800. I have a card under Plan B as well that is limited to $800. When I found out about the ceiling on that card, I reapplied in-store and was approved for a Plan A card with HSBC with an initial $3600 limit, which is now $4700.  If your scores are at all improved since you originally obtained the card, I would reapply in-store and see what happens.

Message 22 of 37
kysin2014
Contributor

When you applied at the store, did you have to close out your Best Buy credit card under plan B at any time?

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" height="50" border="0" >Starting Score: 620

Message 23 of 37
kysin2014
Contributor

When you applied at the store, did you have to close out your Best Buy credit card under plan B at any time

Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jinswaz wrote:

When you applied at the store, did you have to close out your Best Buy credit card under plan B at any time

Nope. I still have it.

Message 25 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

per the post the Best Buy card is granted via Chase or HSBC. Does anyone know if you apply in store if you have a chance for approval via both? My husband has limited credit and I want to ensure he tries the best possible option for approval. In my opinion, his best option is with HSBC but I am no expert.

Message 26 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 best buy cards now with HSBC a rzmc and now the store card

Message 27 of 37
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

per the post the Best Buy card is granted via Chase or HSBC. Does anyone know if you apply in store if you have a chance for approval via both? My husband has limited credit and I want to ensure he tries the best possible option for approval. In my opinion, his best option is with HSBC but I am no expert.

OK, I'm dragging this up from the really dusty sub-basement of my memory, but I think what happened is that when the original Circuit City chain collapsed, Chase took some of their store card holders and offered them a Best Buy store card as a replacement. In fact, back in the day the forums recommendation was generally for the CC store card instead of the BB card, because most people preferred Chase over HSBC.

But I don't think that anyone was ever able to actually apply for a Chase BB store card.

For the PP with the Chase BB store card, did yours start out as a Circuit City card?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied in-store, the application materials referenced HSBC terms and Chase terms and I had to sign that I understood both.

Message 29 of 37
jonny21
Established Member

I have the Chase Best Buy in-store card.  When I applied they told me they'd run my name through both HSBC and Chase.  When I saw the inquiries hit my credit report (illinois, pulled TransUnion) the following month, I saw that they did run me through both.  Now, what I don't know is did I not get approved through HSBC so then they tried Chase?....Or did they run me through both and then offer me the better of the two offers?  Anyone familiar with this know how they go about this process? 

Starting Score: 2/09 EQ 570 TU 600
Current Score: EQ 692 TU 711 EX 734 (psecu)
Goal Score: EQ and TU 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.