Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Card PC?

tag
RyeBread
Established Member

Best Buy Card PC?

Hey guys,

So, I've had the Best Buy store card for about a year, when HSBC was the bank behind it. It has a limit of $400, and it's in-store. Hence, it has been used once, maybe twice, if that. However, when I did use it, I usually PIF. There's no current balance on it.

So, with CitiBank taking them over, is it worth trying to PC to the BB MasterCard? I already have the Citi Forward with a 3k limit, but I feel like I'd actually use the card if I could get this to happen. Have people had success with this?

Currently I have:

Amex BCE: 2.5k

Citi Forward: 3k

Discover IT: 2.5k

Radio Shack: $300

BestBuy: $400

TU Score as of recent: 756 (gotta love Discover's free score!) Smiley Very Happy

Current Score: EQ (Citi FICO) (3/23): 831, EX (Amex FICO) (4/23): 820, TU (Discover): 800

~$138k total CL, ~1% utilized
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best Buy Card PC?

@RyeBread wrote:

Hey guys,

So, I've had the Best Buy store card for about a year, when HSBC was the bank behind it. It has a limit of $400, and it's in-store. Hence, it has been used once, maybe twice, if that. However, when I did use it, I usually PIF. There's no current balance on it.

So, with CitiBank taking them over, is it worth trying to PC to the BB MasterCard? I already have the Citi Forward with a 3k limit, but I feel like I'd actually use the card if I could get this to happen. Have people had success with this?

Currently I have:

Amex BCE: 2.5k

Citi Forward: 3k

Discover IT: 2.5k

Radio Shack: $300

BestBuy: $400

TU Score as of recent: 756 (gotta love Discover's free score!) Smiley Very Happy

Unfortunately, Citi Retail Services (same PC policy as with the predecessor lender) will not be able to PC the store account to the co-branded BBMC.  You would need to apply separately.  Also, the Citi Forward is handled by a separate entity of Citi so there are different underwriting requirements for each.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.