Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Card questions

tag
ShinBeats
New Contributor

Best Buy Card questions

Well, I want a new flatscreen TV, probably a 32 inch LCD one, in preparation for Gran Turismo 5. My scores are all 620-630, you think I'll get approved for a feasible limit at Best Buy?

09/26/2010
EQ: 634

08/28/2014
EQ: 652
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Best Buy Card questions

@ShinBeats wrote:

Well, I want a new flatscreen TV, probably a 32 inch LCD one, in preparation for Gran Turismo 5. My scores are all 620-630, you think I'll get approved for a feasible limit at Best Buy?

no, actually... you could get a best buy mastercard with a low limit, but that doesn't offer the 0% stuff.

I actually think if you apply for the store though, the system will automatically counter to the MC if you don't qualify for store, so probably won't hurt to try for it... but believe it or not the store card runs a little more on the prime side of things

Message 2 of 18
ShinBeats
New Contributor

Ugghhh..guess I'll wait till mid November and apply, I think by then my scores will be in the high 640's, low 650's.

09/26/2010
EQ: 634

08/28/2014
EQ: 652
Message 3 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you can handle the inq, you could go ahead and apply and maybe be surprised to get the store, but otherwise take the mc and in a few more months go for the store again, you can have both

Message 4 of 18
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

The MasterCard and the store card are actually 2 different applications I have both cards and if you don't get one you aren't considered for the other. I got the MasterCard in 2/10 and got the store card a month after. My tu fako was around 640-650 at the time and I had a lot of inquiries at least 10+ on each bureau and credit history just short of a year. I'm a 19 year old college student with a part time job of 12k a year annual income and no lates or baddies. I got approved for $1,000 with 0% interest for 36 months on home theater purchase $799 and up and I bought a 42 inch plasma for $856 out the door. It's a pretty easy card to get I think and I also got the MasterCard the month before with similar scores and probably 10% uti with a $500 limit the gold card with no annual fee. Hope this helps.
amazon
Message 5 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tsquad131 wrote:
The MasterCard and the store card are actually 2 different applications I have both cards and if you don't get one you aren't considered for the other. I got the MasterCard in 2/10 and got the store card a month after. My tu fako was around 640-650 at the time and I had a lot of inquiries at least 10+ on each bureau and credit history just short of a year. I'm a 19 year old college student with a part time job of 12k a year annual income and no lates or baddies. I got approved for $1,000 with 0% interest for 36 months on home theater purchase $799 and up and I bought a 42 inch plasma for $856 out the door. It's a pretty easy card to get I think and I also got the MasterCard the month before with similar scores and probably 10% uti with a $500 limit the gold card with no annual fee. Hope this helps.

my friend applied for the store card online and the application gave him a number to call to complete application, when he called they offered him the MC because he did not get approved for store.

If you apply in store, they will not counter from what I understand

Message 6 of 18
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

I think the MC is easier to get now cuz they are giving people $100 limits with a $39 af. Ive heard many people getting it shortly after getting discharged with a bk. The store card probably requires a little more credit cuz of all the financing deals they do. I was already looking at tv's that day and thought i would give it a shot to get the best buy store card and the day before i got approved for a capital one student rewards visa for $500. I applied in store for the store card and applied online for the mastercard.

amazon
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do yourself a favor and go for a walmart card or amazon card. Both of these are GE Money bank and will easily extend you enough credit for a tv of that size. You don't have to waste an inquiry that way.

Message 8 of 18
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

You should get approved. Last year I was around those scores and got approved for $1350.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 18
danisgods
Regular Contributor

@ShinBeats wrote:

Well people here tend to assume that this card from best buy is the easiest to get and all that, i have one of these they are alright, not so good but ok, just because of the 4% back on best buy purchases, anyways, you should always consider your CR and take a overall look over it , because credit cards arent given out only based on you credit score, keep it in mind .... good luck and happy rewards Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.