Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Card questions

tag
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy Card questions

@Anonymous wrote:

Do yourself a favor and go for a walmart card or amazon card. Both of these are GE Money bank and will easily extend you enough credit for a tv of that size. You don't have to waste an inquiry that way.

try to get 0% from walmart Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 18
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

I applied for a walmart a month before I got approved for the best buy store card for $1000 and walmart only gave me $300 I really don't think you are going to be able to buy a decent 1080p LCD 32 inch tv for that much. Best buy gives much better limits rather than gemb. Income is also a big issue.
amazon
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys have very good points. The best buy store card is not a guarenteed approval for someone who is 620-630

Good point on the interest though.

I would go to whogavemecredit.com

Message 13 of 18
cascade159
New Contributor

I seriously doubt you will get approved for the BB 0% financing with anything under a 700 credit score. I applied with a 650 and was offered the MC with a $500 limit. I applied online... was told to call a number for verification... I was then denied the financing but then offered the Reward Zone credit card which I accepted.

EQ: 680, TU 665, EX 615 (FAKO)
Message 14 of 18
Woolfman
Established Contributor

@cascade159 wrote:

I seriously doubt you will get approved for the BB 0% financing with anything under a 700 credit score. I applied with a 650 and was offered the MC with a $500 limit. I applied online... was told to call a number for verification... I was then denied the financing but then offered the Reward Zone credit card which I accepted.

If you get the store card , they have deals all the time if you spend a certain amount or buy a certain item you can get the 0% for so many months . It doesnt matter what tier card you have .If you have a store card you can get the 0% financing .  I have the B or 2nd tier card (no CLIs unless they feel generous like they did last dec and gave me a whopping 150)  My credit scores were about 650 or so and i got the store card and the RZMC at the same time.  So i currently have a BB store card at 850 cl a RZMC gold at 750(59af should be next month if they dont waive it , ill close it) and another thats the plat version no af with 650 CL . 

I currently put about 1800 a month through the gold version card.  Up to 8200 RZ points currently. So with the DW discount (shes a BB Manager) and the points , The kiddo should have a good christmas! Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the bb rz mc gold for 100 bucks. the funny thing is I get one collection removed and an authorized user account added and I am now getting prequalified for the platinum no annual fee.

When is the earliest I can apply for another RZMC or would I have to cancel my card at 6 months and reapply? Also would having a 6month card closed hurt my AAoA in the longer run?

Message 16 of 18
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Woolfman wrote:

If you get the store card , they have deals all the time if you spend a certain amount or buy a certain item you can get the 0% for so many months . It doesnt matter what tier card you have .If you have a store card you can get the 0% financing .  I have the B or 2nd tier card (no CLIs unless they feel generous like they did last dec and gave me a whopping 150)  My credit scores were about 650 or so and i got the store card and the RZMC at the same time.  So i currently have a BB store card at 850 cl a RZMC gold at 750(59af should be next month if they dont waive it , ill close it) and another thats the plat version no af with 650 CL .

that's a lot of best buy cards, LOL!!!

i don't know what tier card we have.....we started at $2,000 that went to $2400 and just went to $3200.  yay!  i need (want?need?want?) to buy a lot of stuff...a better tv, a better washing machine, a better fridge......LOL

Message 17 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the bb rz mc gold for 100 bucks. the funny thing is I get one collection removed and an authorized user account added and I am now getting prequalified for the platinum no annual fee.

When is the earliest I can apply for another RZMC or would I have to cancel my card at 6 months and reapply? Also would having a 6month card closed hurt my AAoA in the longer run?

I think it's only 30 days.  I have the Gold and I'm just waiting to be offered the Platinum and I'm going for it!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.