Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Card

tag
drewrico
New Contributor

Best Buy Card

Alright so I have a best buy that my parents cosigned for me on. I pulled my credit report tonight and its showing that I dont even have an open account with capital one for best buy. just my two other credit cards. any help or advice?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Best Buy Card

@drewrico wrote:

Alright so I have a best buy that my parents cosigned for me on. I pulled my credit report tonight and its showing that I dont even have an open account with capital one for best buy. just my two other credit cards. any help or advice?

Do you see Best Buy HSBC?

Sometimes I find reporting name to be a little different for certain lenders or cards and have to take a second look... to lazy to get up and go upstairs but i can check later what best buy store looks like on my report.

Message 2 of 18
slippy84
Contributor

How long ago did you sign up for it?

US Bank Cash+ -- Chase Freedom -- Citi Dividend -- Citi Double Cash -- AMEX BCE -- Discover It
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My best buy card reports as CapOne. On a side note, I didn't realize cards could have cosigners.
Message 4 of 18
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

if your parents did the same thing my mom did for me it would be a "joint account" 

where as what could have happened was they applied for it and then added you as an au. 

my card shows up on both my reports and hers. 

i got it when hsbc/chase still had the cards though.(october 10')

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 5 of 18
drewrico
New Contributor

my parents and i did a joint application, but i was the main applicant. On my credit report, the only two accounts i have are my discover card and my capital one card (this capone is sep from best buy capone). I called capital one from best buy (i work there) but they only gave me the phone numbers to the credit bureaus. 

Dont really know what to ask or say when i call the bureaus.

Message 6 of 18
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@drewrico wrote:

I think there is a delay on reporting the inquiry AND the new account. Mine just showed up yesterday, but was opened on 12/23/2012....I was confused. However, it did show up as Capital One for both, so I believe it could/should/would be the same for you.

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 7 of 18
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

When you so a co-signer, it gets confusing to the creditor to report on the correct bureaus you really have to contact the bureaus and be on them but sometimes it's not their fault, it's upto the creditor to make the correct reporting. In your case Cap1 is the people you need to call and just confirm that your name and ss# is on the account, then with that contact the bureau and requesting to look into it. The bureau would contact Cap1 and confirm. How long have you had your Best Buy card for? Sometimes it takes longer than others because of conflicting information. You have to contact them and stay on top of it becasue all these people do is hit buttons and don't actually know who's name goes where. I would contact them and stay on top of it and let us know how you made out. Good Luck!!!

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are three (3) reasons you would need a co-signer. you are either under age 18, have little or no credit history, or you have previously adverse information or your credit report.  At any rate, I wouldn't be concerned about whether the account has appeared on your credit report just yet.  It may take up to ninety (90) days before it shows on your account.  Continue to monitor your credit reports.  HSBC and Capitol One are in the process of account transfers and orientation.   Good luck.

Message 9 of 18
drewrico
New Contributor

The account was opened in May of 2012 and its still not on my credit report.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.