Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Card

tag
Maximus5403
Valued Member

Best Buy Card

I had a best buy store card from 11/07 and closed it like an idiot in 7/08...i called and tried to re-open the account but they said i would have to re-apply. So i did and got approved. Will it report as a new account? or will it report back to my old card?   Thanks for the help.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy Card

Since you had to re-apply, it will be a new hard inquiry and a new account on your credit report.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chopbrocoli is spot on. Were you not informed at the time you closed the card? When I (foolishly) closed several CC, CS let me know that if I wanted to reopen the account, I would need to reapply and it is a new account. The exception is American Express.

Maybe you will get an outstanding CL and reapplying will have been worth the lost points. I really like Best Buy and have found them to be very generous with initial CL and CLI.

Message 3 of 4
Maximus5403
Valued Member

When I first had the card I started with a 800 CL. When I closed the card I had a 1200 CL. On the new card they gave me a 2200 CL. I was applying for an auto loan at the time and a relative told me it would be better to close the account, and i figured i didnt use it too much anyway. Later I realized that it would actually hurt me, and with it being the holidays i wished i had it. Anyways im happy now that i got it back with an even better CL.  Thanks for the replies.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.