Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Card

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Best Buy Card

id say go for it. you can recon your initial CL when approved.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 17
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

@kwinks wrote:
I would skeptical of a card that has changed who is backed by like 3 or 4 times. It is being bought out by Citigroup so it won't be backed by capital one for long. I don't think this company is going to last too much longer. Something is obviously wrong if it keeps getting handed over to another ccc.

Just my two cents. You can do as you please Smiley Happy

Actually, the company is making enough money overseas to last at least 10 years even if the "American" Best Buy was bankrupt now..

Their shares are also up by $15 in the past 2 months. this shows at least an interest I'd believe?

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 12 of 17
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Decisions decisions! Lol I guess another reason why I am hesitant, is in addition to getting some new appliances we're gonna have to get some new furniture (upgrading from a one bedroom) for the new place and I know I would definitely like to take advantage of a furniture store credit to get 0%, and I've got my eye on the CSP...just trying to minimize the number of inquiries.

I've even thought of just putting our Best Buy purchases on another card that I already have so that at least we get the employee discount, but then we don't get the 0%! And yes we have the cash to pay but the timing of the move didn't pan out too well so we're gonna already be paying rent essentially for two places next month, on top of a vacation that was already scheduled way last year before we decided to move...so next month will just be an unusually high spending month and would rather not add more on top of it so having the ability to pay over time would make me feel better.

Let me add this to the discussion...we're hoping to move into a house around next summer. If I do all these inquiries now will that hurt my home loan application (we want to build so lets say we would have to apply maybe beginning of 2014)? I know from other boards that during the home loan process they do not want to see any inquiries, but what about before?

Message 13 of 17
JustJen
Regular Contributor

BTW...can someone confirm whether or not it was one HP or three as typical for Capital One? Someone said they thought it was just one but they weren't sure.

Message 14 of 17
ninjamike81
Regular Contributor

I was just approved for this card 2 weeks ago.  it was only 1 hard pull on EQ in store.  1500CL.  upon getting card in the mail I set up the online access to the account and hit the CLI button imput my income info and they gave me another 700 bringing total to 2200.  the cli was a soft pull

Starting Score: TU 583, EX 683, EQ 653
Current Score: 10/12/14 TU 743 9/24/2014 EQ FICO 751,12/17/2014 EXPERIAN 772
Goal Score: 750

WALLET: CAP ONE UNSEC $2000, WALMART $3800, CITI SIMPLICITY $3600, DISCOVER IT $2000, BBRZ $2200, AMEX BCE $24,500, CHASE FREEDOM 10,500 KAWASAKI GOOD TIMES CARD $31,500
Message 15 of 17
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info ninjamike81!

Message 16 of 17
vish1
Valued Contributor

OK, here is another slightly off tip. If you have discover or can get approved for discover, you probably don't want Best Buy card. Discover has flat 5% cash back on best buy when you order online from discover site.

I always order everything online and choose store pickup. This way I get my 5% as-well-as 2% RZ points.

If your key reason to get a bestbuy card is finance, that's a different thing.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.