Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Card

tag
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Best Buy Card

I know some weeks back there was some threads on this card and I was wondering how do I know whether I got type A or B card. Will they tell me what group my card is in and if it will grow. 

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Best Buy Card

@crosbyk1 wrote:
I know some weeks back there was some threads on this card and I was wondering how do I know whether I got type A or B card. Will they tell me what group my card is in and if it will grow. 

Go back to the website where you applied and read the terms.  Look at the APR you were offered and make the comparison.  

Message 2 of 13
gamblerx15
New Contributor

if you have type A you see a credit line increase request button on the website if you have type B you wont see this option.

Starting Score: 649
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 700

Message 3 of 13
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

Due to noticing the "credit limit button" im predicting that im part of the type A program. Is there a time period when i should pressing the button or should i like them increase it automatically.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 4 of 13
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I ended up calling and just asking. They told me that my account was in the a group and would be eligible for CLI in the future. Also this is the store card, I did not think I would be able to get the master card.  

Message 5 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@crosbyk1 wrote:
I ended up calling and just asking. They told me that my account was in the a group and would be eligible for CLI in the future. Also this is the store card, I did not think I would be able to get the master card.  

I thought most folks were happier with the store card than the MC.
Message 6 of 13
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@crosbyk1 wrote:

I thought most folks were happier with the store card than the MC.

I agree. It's also my understanding that the store card is a much better card than the MC. The store card is more likely to get cli's than the MC.
Message 7 of 13
moonman
Frequent Contributor

It depends upon which mc you get approved for......the gold mc with a fee or the gold mc without a fee and the platinum.the gold card without a fee and the platinum will give good cli's and starting cl's but the gold with a fee for some reason is hard to get any cli.
Message 8 of 13
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the replies. Does any one have experience with how much they give on the first CLI? Also I got a starting CL of 3K.

Message 9 of 13
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

I don't know how much you will get, but you are eligible for a CLI every six months.
TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.