Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Citi Mastercard

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Best Buy Citi Mastercard

Those of you with the Rewardzone MC that recently transitioned to Citibank, any luck with CLI?  I was waiting for my 6th statement on that card to cut and see what happens but I'm not holding out much hope.  I may end up closing the card ($500 limit) if it doesn't start to "catch up" to my other cards. Just wondering if anybody had any news/luck since the transition. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ginger1477
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Buy Citi Mastercard

I have the same limit and no increase since the change over.  I called once to request an increase and the lady was really awesome and friendly, but I cancelled the request when I found out it would be a hard pull.  I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone had better luck with them.  If I don't get an increase in the next few months I'm cancelling.

Capital One Quicksilver: 14k * Alliant: 4k * BoA: 6k * Discover 5k * Best Buy Visa: 10k * Amex BCE: 7k, Amex Everyday: 1k * Target RedCard: 9k * Walmart: 10k * Citi 2k * Care Credit: 10k
Message 2 of 8
Involver
Valued Contributor

Ive had the card 3 years, no CLI. Just closed it last week.
Message 3 of 8
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if purchasing a big ticket item increases your chance for a higher CL. 

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 4 of 8
Involver
Valued Contributor

I tried every possible permutation of spend / carrying balances / pif vs minimums ... nothing.
Message 5 of 8
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

i closed mine around october. called citi to cli..bit the bullet for a hp..told rep that ive had the cc with cap1 for several years with really good and heavy usage. tried everything from carrying balance to pif...no cli. gave ok to submit cli and a quick denial. closed it that same call.

Message 6 of 8
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Closed mine as well.  Tried for CLI, no go.  Oh well I have much better cards with higher limits so no loss for me.  Kinda hoped Citi taking over would benefit card holders but no dice. 

Message 7 of 8
negg
Frequent Contributor

Funny story. Back in october had to purchase a new TV. Settled on a Samsung tv for $1400. During the checkout the salesman said I was pre-approved for a best buy CC.  Hmmm asked if I could use it today for my purchase 0 APR. He checked on it and said sure np, but I would need a another card for the balance. The pre approved me for $500 when I'm buying a $1400 tv. Smdh, I don't get it. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.