Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Citi Visa CLI question

tag
wallstreet177
Contributor

Best Buy Citi Visa CLI question

Hello all,

I was recently approved for a best buy citi visa card with a $500 limit.  I am going to be buying a new laptop for school and wanted to use the card for financing.  Does anyone have experience with calling citi for a reconsideration on the limit?  Does it help if I tell them the reason for the request?  Anyone had any success with this card?

Thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Citi Visa CLI question

You can try to call as it does not hurt to do so but bear in mind, you are going to get another hardpull on your report should the request be granted.

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy Citi Visa CLI question

After having the card 2 years with a $300 limit, I called and asked for a CLI of 2500. They came back in less than 10 secs and happily said yes to my surprise. I felt like I left money on the table. A lot of people haven't had much success with them though. As already said, keep in mind it is probably another HP if you do it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.