Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Credit Card Switching to VISA Network

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy Credit Card Switching to VISA Network

I thought this was really interesting:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-11-04/visa-said-to-win-best-buy-partnership-from-mastercard.html

The switch will happen next year, and Citi will remain the card issuer.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Buy Credit Card Switching to VISA Network

Interesting. Still wouldn't app for this card, personally. 

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 2 of 8
mxp114
Valued Contributor

It's a great card, love the 6% in rewards on BB purchases plus 8% in rewards and 20% off video games. Elite Plus status comes in handy too. Interesting news, thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 8
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

It's a great card, love the 6% in rewards on BB purchases plus 8% in rewards and 20% off video games. Elite Plus status comes in handy too. Interesting news, thanks for posting.

Thanks! I didnt know its' rewards structure. It might be worth it to me if I valued video games over travel Smiley Happy lol

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 4 of 8
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@jon22guitar wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

Thanks! I didnt know its' rewards structure. It might be worth it to me if I valued video games over travel Smiley Happy lol

That's the beauty of card diversity, multiple cards for various needs. My gaming and electronics go on My Best Buy card and my other purchases elsewhere. Love gaming AND traveling Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@jon22guitar wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

That's the beauty of card diversity, multiple cards for various needs. My gaming and electronics go on My Best Buy card and my other purchases elsewhere. Love gaming AND traveling Smiley Wink

+1 agreed!

Will there be any changes to this card once it becomes a Visa?

Message 6 of 8
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I don't expect any changes but they could introduce a new category bonus for spending. I think the old card had restaurants and groceries bonus offer but never used. The biggest changes are card design, EMV chip and likely Visa Signature status lol

Message 7 of 8
Open123
Super Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@jon22guitar wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

+1

The BB rewards is an excellent card for BB purchases, especially when they have their special promos.  Likewise, all my life, I've always loved travelling and video games!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.