Did you mean: 

Best Buy Credit Card

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy Credit Card

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I really have no interest in the card but was wondering if you could double dip with shop discover if you shop online

Yes yes you can Smiley Wink

I actually really enjoy my BB card since CITI took over.  Cap1 wouldnt give me a CLI or waive the $59 AF.  I was stuck at $500 for almost 3 years, finally got annoyed and closed it.  I app'd in May of this year, and was instantly approved for the store card with no AF!  Best part...$2000 limit!  So far I've been very happy with CITI on this card and the 0% is awesome (not to mention the 10% in points right now).  I wouldnt mind an auto CLI but I'll probably end up trying for a HP cli at the 1 year mark so I can buy some appliances at 0%. 

There was an AF on those card back when Capital one had them? Thank god they declined me all those times I applied for them lol

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 11 of 21
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I really have no interest in the card but was wondering if you could double dip with shop discover if you shop online

I actually really enjoy my BB card since CITI took over.  Cap1 wouldnt give me a CLI or waive the $59 AF.  I was stuck at $500 for almost 3 years, finally got annoyed and closed it.  I app'd in May of this year, and was instantly approved for the store card with no AF!  Best part...$2000 limit!  So far I've been very happy with CITI on this card and the 0% is awesome (not to mention the 10% in points right now).  I wouldnt mind an auto CLI but I'll probably end up trying for a HP cli at the 1 year mark so I can buy some appliances at 0%. 

There was an AF on those card back when Capital one had them? Thank god they declined me all those times I applied for them lol

Yes sir I had the MC with $59 AF, terrible card...$500 limit didnt help either, and of course it was Cap1 so CLI was a word they didnt know well. 

Message 12 of 21
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

I had the Cap 1 BB card back in 2011. I paid off and they keep sending me bills , late fees when i paid before the due date. Finally i close down the card last year. One of my friend got this citi BB card last month, with 2k line on a 1700$ purchase, hope he gets a cli . Wish they give 3X or double the purchase amount as credit line so that the card donr show as maxed out when it reports.

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 13 of 21
physicist82
Regular Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I had the cap1 store card version and there was no AF....I guess maybe there was one on the mastercard version?

Message 14 of 21
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@physicist82 wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I had the cap1 store card version and there was no AF....I guess maybe there was one on the mastercard version?

Yes I should have clarified that, even with Citi there are 4 possible BB cards to get: "good" store card and MC and "not so good" store and MC.  I'm very happy with the store card since I only use it at BB anyway, and it has no AF, something my Cap1 version didnt offer me. 

Message 15 of 21
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

I applied online 2 weeks ago. According to the letter I got in the mail I had a 655 Experian score with a 2 yrs old $5,500 judgement  from capital one showing.when I submitted the app the next screen asked me to call in to finish the app process.got asked to verify my name , address, income etc. and they asked if they could text me to verify my cell number and that it was me, gave them the code I was texted and was placed on hold for 5 minutes, came back and said I was approved for $2k and I could use my account I store or online before I got the card. I bout a new tv for $2,500. Put $1,900 on my BB account and da balance on my Amex card. I took the 12  month 0% interest offer rather than the 10% extra reward points. I hope this helps. I say go for it. Oh yeah...... I applied for a Citi credit card  while I was on hold and got denied instantly. I'm assuming their under writing criteria is different from their main credit card accounts/line up.

Message 16 of 21
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

I applied online 2 weeks ago. According to the letter I got in the mail I had a 655 Experian score with a 2 yrs old $5,500 judgement  from capital one showing.when I submitted the app the next screen asked me to call in to finish the app process.got asked to verify my name , address, income etc. and they asked if they could text me to verify my cell number and that it was me, gave them the code I was texted and was placed on hold for 5 minutes, came back and said I was approved for $2k and I could use my account I store or online before I got the card. I bout a new tv for $2,500. Put $1,900 on my BB account and da balance on my Amex card. I took the 12  month 0% interest offer rather than the 10% extra reward points. I hope this helps. I say go for it. Oh yeah...... I applied for a Citi credit card  while I was on hold and got denied instantly. I'm assuming their under writing criteria is different from their main credit card accounts/line up.

Very different, I got instant approval for BB store card no AF and $2000 limit, but I cant get a CITI card for the life of me. 

Message 17 of 21
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Very different, I got instant approval for BB store card no AF and $2000 limit, but I cant get a CITI card for the life of me. 

You already have a "Citi" card since they are the ones who are offering it. Give it a few and might have a better chance?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 18 of 21
duyen28262
Valued Member

I got the store card back in 06/2011 (by HSBC - I think) with a starting limit $4,600 and no AF. My scores were really good back then Smiley Happy. Then the card changed to Cap1, and now it is with Citibank. The limit has not changed, and I took a HP last month for CLI but was declined. 

FICO TU 656 (Barclays 07/15/14) - FICO EQ 650 (DCU 07/25/14) - ? FICO EX ?
 photo 9ed69652-dfc4-4961-b6ba-f0cf0ae5d607.png
BBT Visa Signature $7,000
Message 19 of 21
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

You already have a "Citi" card since they are the ones who are offering it. Give it a few and might have a better chance?

Yes but I'd like one like yours Smiley Happy I have a BK7 from 2011 it pretty much promises I wont have an AMEX, Chase, or CITI card for another 3-4 years unfortunatly. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.