Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Credit card

tag
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Best Buy Credit card

I asked for a credit increase with best buy online and they pulled a hard inquiry with equifax.. If I knew that I wouldnt ask for one. They increased by 1500 dollars but the inquiry cost me 3 points. NOT GOOD!!!  So this week I received a 800 dollars increase with Macys and a 1500 increase with best BUy. DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF HOME DEPOT HARD PULL?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: Best Buy Credit card

Congrats on the CLIs!  Not sure about HD increases.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 2 of 7
babyeyes00
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the CLI.  Im hoping to make Best Buy my next app.

Starting Score: 555
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
wreith
Frequent Contributor

@elaine829 wrote:

I asked for a credit increase with best buy online and they pulled a hard inquiry with equifax.. If I knew that I wouldnt ask for one. They increased by 1500 dollars but the inquiry cost me 3 points. NOT GOOD!!!  So this week I received a 800 dollars increase with Macys and a 1500 increase with best BUy. DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF HOME DEPOT HARD PULL?

HD is another CITI backed card, everytime I've done the CLI request on the website it always says they will pull, so I always cancel.  YMMV but I would go in expecting a HP.  Congrats on the BB and Macy's CLI.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@elaine829 wrote:

I'm surprised Best Buy was EQ, it was TU for me on my Best Buy Mastercard.

HD is a hp but it is probably very worth it... I would put in the request online for $25k+ (What do you have now?)

it takes usually just an hour or so and you can log back in and see if they gave you full amount or countered.

Message 5 of 7
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Yes it was equifax, But I have the regular best buy store card. I got  score watch and it alerted me of the inquiry plus the score change. went from 661 to 658. My home depot card is only 1200 dollars. But i dont really want another hard inquiry for right now.

Message 6 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@elaine829 wrote:

Yes it was equifax, But I have the regular best buy store card. I got  score watch and it alerted me of the inquiry plus the score change. went from 661 to 658. My home depot card is only 1200 dollars. But i dont really want another hard inquiry for right now.

If that is the limit you were originally approved for and if you are going to garden for a few months now I would go for the CLI on HD before you head to garden... they are known to go much much higher "if" you ask after the initial approval line of credit.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.