cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Gold MasterCard CLD... AGAIN!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Best Buy Gold MasterCard CLD... AGAIN!!

@Ron1 wrote:

They're making excuse not to re-instate your CL and it made you think it was your fault.  Using your card a lot to give them business and int return they cld you. It's not right. If I were you, I will dump the card.  Paying $59AF for $300 CL. is too much.  They usually don't re-instate CL after they decrease CL.  Time to move on. Get something else. HSBC is not a good bank to stay. A couple of years ago, they approved $300 for $59 AF and I told them to close it.  They even increased  CL for $300 to $450.  They told me to keep it around as a backup card. I still told them to close it.

Ron.

Really it just comes down to having a underwriter with HSBC tell you your not worthy of more than $300.  If it was any other bank I probably wouldn't even blink, I have tons of INQ, new accounts, some updated BK stuff and what most would consider a MOUNTAIN OF DEBT

Only note to above Ron is I don't have annual fee, I was one of the lucky to get Gold no Annual Fee... not sure that even exists anymore....

What really hit me to core during the conversation is when I said I recently got much higher CL with banks not known to be as terrible as you... now mind you she only has the report from Jan 3, so I don't think more than 1 or 2 of the new accounts are showing but she quipped back "That is exactly the problem you are adding more debt!" I said they are not even showing on my credit reports yet and they are not new debt, barely got the cards! "She said but having more available to you while you have so much debt is the problem, clearly you thought you were okay adding more cards and you ran them up and you had to file BK because you couldn't make the payments!"

I was silent for a few.... "WOW, that is not a statement that you could make from a credit stand point looking at my credit report, that is a personal judgement that you assume that is WAY out of line. (I don't really know why I felt I had to explain myself) but I told her about the mortgages and that was the cause of the BK because I was involved with a bad company that went BK, which then pushed me into the BK.

So with no annual fee and the move to Capital One hopefully sometimes in 2012, should I pay the $30 balance switch all auto pay off of it and let it sit and hope it transfers before is closed for no activity or call and close now and only keep if they increase CL??

Message 21 of 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

Getting more accounts doesn't mean create more debt. It's wrong. As I mention above, they made you think it was your fault and felt bad. It happened to me before. Here comes the question: Do you want to keep your card?  Or you have something else to replace it? I don't think they have Gold Cards w/o AF.

Ron.

Message 22 of 26
teenastie
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Really it just comes down to having a underwriter with HSBC tell you your not worthy of more than $300.  If it was any other bank I probably wouldn't even blink, I have tons of INQ, new accounts, some updated BK stuff and what most would consider a MOUNTAIN OF DEBT

Only note to above Ron is I don't have annual fee, I was one of the lucky to get Gold no Annual Fee... not sure that even exists anymore....

What really hit me to core during the conversation is when I said I recently got much higher CL with banks not known to be as terrible as you... now mind you she only has the report from Jan 3, so I don't think more than 1 or 2 of the new accounts are showing but she quipped back "That is exactly the problem you are adding more debt!" I said they are not even showing on my credit reports yet and they are not new debt, barely got the cards! "She said but having more available to you while you have so much debt is the problem, clearly you thought you were okay adding more cards and you ran them up and you had to file BK because you couldn't make the payments!"

I was silent for a few.... "WOW, that is not a statement that you could make from a credit stand point looking at my credit report, that is a personal judgement that you assume that is WAY out of line. (I don't really know why I felt I had to explain myself) but I told her about the mortgages and that was the cause of the BK because I was involved with a bad company that went BK, which then pushed me into the BK.

So with no annual fee and the move to Capital One hopefully sometimes in 2012, should I pay the $30 balance switch all auto pay off of it and let it sit and hope it transfers before is closed for no activity or call and close now and only keep if they increase CL??

That's completely uncalled for! In any other business if someone were to show such disrespect to paying customers, that statement would result in termination. I would go as far as saying if someone said that to a customer in person that CSR could run the risk of getting slapped!

The nerve of some people Smiley Mad

Message 23 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Getting more accounts doesn't mean create more debt. It's wrong. As I mention above, they made you think it was your fault and felt bad. It happened to me before. Here comes the question: Do you want to keep your card?  Or you have something else to replace it? I don't think they have Gold Cards w/o AF.

Ron.

I couldn't remember my exact open date but one of the US CSR said thanks for 18 months of great customer something rather.

I actually don't know if the computer had run off the tracks for about a month, but it was Secured, (I think first level $79 AF) Gold $59AF, Gold no AF, and Plat. no AF.

It was almost comical because I had some friends in from out of town and a friend that had just turned 21 that had never applied for any credit.... We all applied, results:

Me- $300 Gold No AF

21 yo - $100 Gold no AF

roommate also 21 - $100 Gold no AF

my friend that literaly for jokes pulled free report and when I say he had not paid a single bill in the last year, I couldn't believe what I was seeing ($92,000) Amex, Chase, Citi, Neiman Marcus, etc... clearly until he decided to walk away had fantastic credit but had made no payment on any of it and a lot of it had not even been sold off yet but all was charged off and not a single positive account and he applied and was approved for the Gold No AF $300 like me!!! almost insulting then too! LOL

The only person that got declined was my other friend who was currently in delinquent with an orchard card, the system had pre approved him which I was about to fall out of my chair if he got approved but once he clicked to apply for the pre approval it spit back decline for current card status with company.

These were all for Best Buy MC

Now on to rather I want to keep the card... no I don't, BUT I was hoping to merge over to Capital One and see if anything changed. I hate to cut of my nose to spite my face for bad customer service.... but it almost seems principle at the same time to close too.... so really trying to sit on it for a bit so it's not a rash choice.

$300 is not going to help with my high util!!!! LOL

Message 24 of 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

Yes, that's all we hope for... Cap 1 takes over. It will get better. Do you have any other cards to use?

Ron.

Message 25 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Yes, that's all we hope for... Cap 1 takes over. It will get better. Do you have any other cards to use?

Ron.

HEHE, Me Cards?! To Use?! Although it's not like it use to be, I have other cards... I might even be posting soon about my profile, but that scares me more than getting engaged.  But I did that, so I think it's probably time to post the other, But I have to dig through credit reports just to get all the accounts and limits and interest... I have a idea, but nothing with it all laid out at once!

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.