Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy (HSBC) Just CLD me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy (HSBC) Just CLD me

Yet another issue with HSBC.Smiley Mad
So today i was checking on my accounts online and when i checked my Best Buy acct i noticed my CL had been changed from the original limit of $2500. to a new limit of $1206. I called hsbc and asked why the csr said it was due to the acount activity. I said what activity i recieved this card in early july and used it once to buy my son a cd..The csr said no there was a $300. Cash advance (WHAT).
To make a long story short my wife said she forgot her citi bank atm pin so she used this card to pull shopping money off of...
What to do-What to do-What to do-
I would luv to tell hsbc to stick this card up there a** any suggestions?????
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy (HSBC) Just CLD me

Lowered for a cash advance? They must be scared these days.

Must be more to the story. Right?

Message Edited by EddieX on 09-28-2008 11:20 AM
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ain't that a trip.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to much more to the story than that. If anything my credit file has improved greatly since i recieved the card. So i know they didnt do a soft pull or hard pull and find anything bad. I quess the acct was to new to do a cash advance which is weird because my acct did say i had a cah advance limit of $1000. at the time my wife pull the cash out.
Message 4 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

cash advances are big no's these days on credit cards.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'd think though that they would give him a chance to pay it down before CLD him.. I just had to take a Cash Advance of $800.00 on my BOA card (sudden emergency and all savings in CDs). I hope they don't take AA on me. I plan to pay it off over the course of the next 1-2 months, as I have no intention of paying the ridiculous interest on it. Now I'm thinking I better take my next pay check and pay it all off ASAP. Of course then I'll have to carry a little balance on another card, as I'll be pretty broke for a few weeks.

Message Edited by siangirl34 on 09-28-2008 06:58 PM
Message 6 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

why would you take a cash advance, why not do a bt and have it put right into your checking account.
I just think it's a HUGE red flag on credit accounts right now in the state of our economy.

Message 7 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:
why would you take a cash advance, why not do a bt and have it put right into your checking account.
I just think it's a HUGE red flag on credit accounts right now in the state of our economy.

I think that if you re-read, he didn't do it.

They still shouldn't offer them if they're going to then turn around and slam you.

edit to add: whoops, sorry, missed an interval post myself! Smiley Happy

All I know is that I'm scared witless of the things, and my shredder stays busy with them.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-28-2008 07:06 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

sorry should edit that, can't really change the bestbuy one.
i mean if you are going to pull off a credit card like bofa... they throw bt offers at you left and right.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to bail my friend out of jail and I had 15 minutes to get back to the courthouse before she was transferred to this holding cell place. It was pretty ugly and I was in a rush. I coulda probably cashed in a CD, but didn't have time, had just over $400 cash available and needed that for an upcoming vet visit with my cat and my daily expenses. Would I have been better off overdrafting my checking account and having them access the cash from the credit card (it's overdraft protection for that account)?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.