Established Contributor

Best Buy (HSBC) Just CLD me

Yet another issue with HSBC.:smileymad:
So today i was checking on my accounts online and when i checked my Best Buy acct i noticed my CL had been changed from the original limit of $2500. to a new limit of $1206. I called hsbc and asked why the csr said it was due to the acount activity. I said what activity i recieved this card in early july and used it once to buy my son a cd..The csr said no there was a $300. Cash advance (WHAT).
To make a long story short my wife said she forgot her citi bank atm pin so she used this card to pull shopping money off of...
What to do-What to do-What to do-
I would luv to tell hsbc to stick this card up there a** any suggestions?????
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy (HSBC) Just CLD me

[ Edited ]
Lowered for a cash advance? They must be scared these days.

Must be more to the story. Right?

Message Edited by EddieX on 09-28-2008 11:20 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------
Credit repair - the Ski Mask Way.
Valued Contributor

Ain't that a trip.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

Not to much more to the story than that. If anything my credit file has improved greatly since i recieved the card. So i know they didnt do a soft pull or hard pull and find anything bad. I quess the acct was to new to do a cash advance which is weird because my acct did say i had a cah advance limit of $1000. at the time my wife pull the cash out.
Epic Contributor

cash advances are big no's these days on credit cards.
Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 700 (04/20/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
83 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]
You'd think though that they would give him a chance to pay it down before CLD him.. I just had to take a Cash Advance of $800.00 on my BOA card (sudden emergency and all savings in CDs). I hope they don't take AA on me. I plan to pay it off over the course of the next 1-2 months, as I have no intention of paying the ridiculous interest on it. Now I'm thinking I better take my next pay check and pay it all off ASAP. Of course then I'll have to carry a little balance on another card, as I'll be pretty broke for a few weeks.

Message Edited by siangirl34 on 09-28-2008 06:58 PM
Epic Contributor

why would you take a cash advance, why not do a bt and have it put right into your checking account.
I just think it's a HUGE red flag on credit accounts right now in the state of our economy.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

[ Edited ]

Creditaddict wrote:
why would you take a cash advance, why not do a bt and have it put right into your checking account.
I just think it's a HUGE red flag on credit accounts right now in the state of our economy.

I think that if you re-read, he didn't do it.

They still shouldn't offer them if they're going to then turn around and slam you.

edit to add: whoops, sorry, missed an interval post myself! :smileyhappy:

All I know is that I'm scared witless of the things, and my shredder stays busy with them.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-28-2008 07:06 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Epic Contributor

sorry should edit that, can't really change the bestbuy one.
i mean if you are going to pull off a credit card like bofa... they throw bt offers at you left and right.
Regular Contributor

I had to bail my friend out of jail and I had 15 minutes to get back to the courthouse before she was transferred to this holding cell place. It was pretty ugly and I was in a rush. I coulda probably cashed in a CD, but didn't have time, had just over $400 cash available and needed that for an upcoming vet visit with my cat and my daily expenses. Would I have been better off overdrafting my checking account and having them access the cash from the credit card (it's overdraft protection for that account)?
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.