cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy MC Online Secure Message response about my CLD... sigh!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy MC Online Secure Message response about my CLD... sigh!

Close it. You have better cards, it's doing nothing for you other than irritating you and making you have to deal with their awful customer service.

As soon as I have the time to call a few places to update my auto-pay to a different card, I'm going to be closing my Cap One card. Orchard down, one Cap One card down - now there's just this one remaining subprime one. It's a good feeling to get rid of crappy cards.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SoulMaster wrote:

LOL...  It might not be a language barrier... I deal with a company in Oklahoma all the time.  Their emails are answered by $7/hour college kids who follow scripts and aren't allowed to think outside the box or read the email.  I have deciphered this script:

1. Recieve email

2. Jerk SoulMaster around by sending him an email response that details how you fixed a problem that had nothing to do with his original request.

3. Recieve reply from SoulMaster stating "Once again, you have failed to read my original email".

4. Reply that you're sorry he's still having trouble, that you've reimplemented "the fix" and that if his problem is not resolved he can contact you next week.

5. Recieve escalation email from SoulMaster

6. Apply $15 credit to his account and ignore all subsequent emails on the matter.

7. Wait for SoulMaster to call, them pass call to supervisor w/ IQ > 12.

-SM

Yeah, seriously, companies that have terrible customer service make me angry. When their CSRs can only copy/paste canned responses, it makes me wonder why they even bother having customer service. They generally either A) don't in any way respond to what you were asking them about in the first place or B) tell you the exact same thing you can read from their website.

I've worked customer service in the past (and hopefully never again) so I know it's a bad job, but some companies seem delighted to make their customers angry. I'm afraid one of these days I'm going to get some absolutely ridiculous reply to an email and I'll turn into the Hulk and throw my computer desk through the wall.

Message 12 of 15
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Very funny! Smiley Very Happy It's not just like that with credit cards, either. I HATE online support, because it's exactly like you described. Makes you wonder if these people know how to read, or if they bothered to read what you wrote at all, sometimes (irregardless of the country they're in - often it is US). At least you got a $15 credit! Smiley Happy

Perhaps I didn't make myself entirely clear... I get a $15 credit EVERY month because they screw up the same thing EVERY month.  The total bill is about $50.  Lol... silliness.  It's a sad laughter though... I fear for the future.  Smiley Surprised

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 13 of 15
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've worked customer service in the past (and hopefully never again) so I know it's a bad job, but some companies seem delighted to make their customers angry. I'm afraid one of these days I'm going to get some absolutely ridiculous reply to an email and I'll turn into the Hulk and throw my computer desk through the wall.

It's old, but it's still REALLY funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLCoYrmZwk

Peggy was on the other end of that computer...

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That video's older than the internet, I think I saw it a decade ago as a gif!

But it's accurate to how some of the Peggy responses make me feel. Especially on the phone, it's a miracle I haven't thrown my cell off the balcony yet.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.