Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy MC

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Best Buy MC

@Anonymous wrote:
I want to know, when I go to the BB site I see they have a Master C and a store card but when I click apply it doesn't give the option to choose which one I want, so how does it work?

AFAIK you complete an app and they try to qualify you for the MC first, then the store card if your declined for the MC. At least thats how it was when I got my store card last July.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool thanks.
Message 12 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Cool thanks.

If you do app for the card hopefully you get the store card. The MC is a real PITA with high  AF's and low CL's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 15
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

The best buy card approval process is different; whenever you apply for the card, they consider you for their store card. If you first don't qualify for the store card, then they automatically consider you for the subprime mc with af. Though it is not mentioned, and for some reason, best buy/capitalone will not disclose this, they offer the platinum mc to the elite applicants.
earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 14 of 15
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:
The best buy card approval process is different; whenever you apply for the card, they consider you for their store card. If you first don't qualify for the store card, then they automatically consider you for the subprime mc with af. Though it is not mentioned, and for some reason, best buy/capitalone will not disclose this, they offer the platinum mc to the elite applicants.
Thanks for explaining that.  That was my experience and understanding.Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.