Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy MasterCard Approval - and question

tag
l-turner
Established Member

Best Buy MasterCard Approval - and question

Thanks everyone I just received my first non secure credit card from Best Buy, it's the regular credit card that everyone seems to be apporved for lol I got approved for 100.00 Credit Limit - LOL

1. Should I ask for a Credit Increase once I activate the card?? I heard some people find this method to work, I think 100.00 is alittle low LOL.

2. I received an email saying that if I spend over 1000 dollars by August 16, 2010 I will be updated to a silver member, and I'm wondering should I use the credit card then pay on it immediately untill I reach 1000 dollar sif it means my card gets updated anybody have any knowledge of this offer???

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy MasterCard Approval - and question

i dont know about the offer but the silver member just means you earn more reward points per dollar. It Doesnt effect the card in any other way . As far as CLI , Good luck dont hear about many being successful in that area . i have a 750 cli with them and so far with putting over 1k a month thru the card . I have yet to see an increase. But no biggie for me . the extra 200 dollars to spend at BB for christmas will be helpful !

Message 2 of 17
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

HSBC isn't the greatest when it comes to giving CLI's, but it won't hurt to inquire. They may boost you up to $300 - $500..Never hurts to ask

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 3 of 17
l-turner
Established Member

Yeah that's what I was thinkin gmy highest limit card is 300 CL with U.S. Bank(secured) I was goin gto see if they can atleast boost me up to 300.00 if anything.

I would hope for 500.00 cl but that's a long shot. after this card start reproting I'm going to wait 6 months and then ask for maybe a unsecured Credit Card from my CU, I just started receiving credit I'm 20 years old so I heard 3 Credit Card is a good start. I have two years to up my Credit scores before I look fo ra house so I think I'm good fo rnow.

Oh and thank you wolfman I thought it was an update of card not just reward points, I would think it may still be good to look into concerning the 1000, fo rmore points may be getting cellhpone soon be nice to use some reward points on the purchase. 

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They won't give it to you, I tried the same thing with the same $100 limit. They read you some bullcrap line about how they aren't offering increases now but if you use your card responsibly you might get an automatic increase at some time in the future. 

They're also going to try REALLY REALLY hard to sell you credit monitoring when you activate. You're gonna say no and they're just going to keep pushing until they piss you off.

Message 5 of 17
l-turner
Established Member

Really ostriches, I'm waiting on ym card in the mail right now, I peeped their sticklers cause they made me verify information twice before they apporved  my account even though they said I already had the card.

Hows using your card going so far??

yeah I bet they give me and automatic increase after 6 months of repsonsible use, I wonder if the more I spend on the card the more thye'll increase once the time comes Im guessing.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's good once you get it activated. Theres an option to request a credit line increase online but it'll throw this error up: We are currently not accepting Credit Line Increases online. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I've had the card for two weeks now. Other then the hassle at activation I have no complaints, yet. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 17
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

I haven't had any complaints with mine either, I use it quite a bit. I'm actually going to close my HSBC Plat. card (just can't get with the $59 AF on a $500 CL), it served it's purpose. At least my BBRZMC doesn't have an AF..

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't expect to get any CL increases as HSBC keeps pushing back the date on when they will start considering them again. The last answer given was this summer, but now they say Fall. Truth be told, doubt any of their CSRs know and are just told to sell you Credit Keeper and ignore everything else.

Use it as a means of building up your credit to aqcuire better cards than once it's served it's purpose, cancel it.

Message 9 of 17
l-turner
Established Member

Seriously, ahh man that sucks 100.00 is low man, LOL its okay it is a starter card and with two credit card showing up and my utlization kept low I should be good to go.

Yeah I need to reach 680 in a year of my US bank card so I can get upgraded to a flexpay card if applicable.

Thanks, it seems the best buy card is still a good card for a 20 year old like me just establishing credit. I wish it grew wih me  bu ti'll just enhance my bluray library with 4 % bonus

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.