cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy MasterCard Household vs. Cap1 --- not good yet!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Best Buy MasterCard Household vs. Cap1 --- not good yet!

I'm still a little confused what the issue is but we all know the recent success with president office e-mails and phone calls but Capital One was able to get online to show bank (Capital One) at bottom of who backs the card and got new cards mailed out that it's capital one but STILL can not link the card to my Capital One online account management and Capital One President Office still could not access and address any issues and then to top it off when I went online which I keep doing so it's really 99% my fault but it always has a link for credit line increase and then it has for income and says credit might be pulled and I click it and it always says the same thing similar to what you get from Capital One of account does not qualify we review blah blah blah.... The difference is though...

It HP my EQ yesterday when I put in request and it says it's a pull from Capital One now instead of HSBC so what gives... how come the computer accesses my account and is able to pull my credit on top of that but you in the presidents office still can not view and still can not do ANYTHING with them!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best Buy MasterCard Household vs. Cap1 --- not good yet!

They're still two different business units; however, they changed the flag from HSBC to Cap One on credit reports back I think somewhere in the second calendar quarter '12; I assume that the listed inquiry source changed at the same time as the current tradelines did.

This sort of thing happens whenever two large companies merge, it's not unsual just a little irritating in this case.

        
Message 2 of 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

This is slightly unrelated but I called Cap 1 to update my address on file and to make sure they send me a card with the new Cap 1 logo on the back (I haven't used my BBY store card since May 2011 *sheepish grin*)

I am planning to buy my tax prep software from BBY in order to show usage on this store account that's been open since 2009.

Anyways,  the CSR was very friendly and helpful and very easy to understand.  Much better experience than the last time I called BBY customer service where they informed me that my $600 was the highest it could ever be  Smiley Sad  Plan B account!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 4
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Citi owns Department Stores National Bank, who services the Macy,s cards. Citi customer service representatives cannot see anything about Macy's cards and you can not add the Macy's cards to the Citi account online.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.