cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy MasterCard is now the "Prime" Card?!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Best Buy MasterCard is now the "Prime" Card?!

Has anyone seen now that if you apply for a new account they first consider you for the Best Buy MasterCard and then if you don't qualify they will consider you for a store "Private Label" Card?!

Better Limits these days?

What's the scoop?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy MasterCard is now the "Prime" Card?!

I wonder if GE is backing the private label card.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 2 of 15
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Been that way for a few years and they began publicly outlining the process since last summer or fall. I think the consideration matrix is Platinum RZMC, Gold RZMC $0 AF, Private Label A/B then Gold RZMC AF edition.

Message 3 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Been that way for a few years and they began publicly outlining the process since last summer or fall. I think the consideration matrix is Platinum RZMC, Gold RZMC $0 AF, Private Label A/B then Gold RZMC AF edition.

I have had the Gold No AF MC and I would not call it anything prime!

The only thing prime about it when I got it was the $0 AF, it was a new thing they had just did then, but that was still when it was HSBC and it was the sub-prime product.

I have not heard of anyone getting upgraded out of store to MC so I'm unclear of how they are changing what I call mind set of the Rewards Zone MasterCard from Best Buy NOT being prime except the few acceptions I have seen on here with $10k+ lines.

Message 4 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

Best Buy RZMC Platinum with No AF 17.99% has been prime for years.  Not too many people get approved for the card.  

Ron.

Message 5 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Best Buy RZMC Platinum with No AF 17.99% has been prime for years.  Not too many people get approved for the card.  

Ron.

I had about the same usual "great" customer service as usual from Household and Capital One!"

She gave me the script of "The economy does not allow Capital One to offer lower rates than 22.99% on my account"

UMM... The economy is currently offering 17.99% on new accounts!

Message 6 of 15
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i like the store card look more anyways. 

i have a legacy best buy store card! Smiley Wink

as far as new apps im not really sure. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 15
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

I want a Best Buy card. I don't even shop @ Best Buy very often, but I've been denied for a BB card 5 times in my life and It's just a matter of pride now. Yea, it doesn't have to make sense. I could actually probably get approval now, but I'm gonna wait til just the right time...

Message 8 of 15
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I would want the MC Platinum version! But not everyone gets it Smiley Sad

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 9 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

I have had the Gold No AF MC and I would not call it anything prime!

The only thing prime about it when I got it was the $0 AF, it was a new thing they had just did then, but that was still when it was HSBC and it was the sub-prime product.

I have not heard of anyone getting upgraded out of store to MC so I'm unclear of how they are changing what I call mind set of the Rewards Zone MasterCard from Best Buy NOT being prime except the few acceptions I have seen on here with $10k+ lines.

Foot in mouth... OMG you have a $25k limit but FURTHER MORE you have a $40k limit with Discover?!???

That's like urban myth! TELL ME EVERYTHING PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP!

How long have you had?

Financial review at some point or just long long history to get you there?

requests mostly or auto mostly?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.