Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Mastercard change to Citi?

tag
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Best Buy Mastercard change to Citi?

All,

I hear that the Best Buy Mastercard (Capital 1) will be switching over to Citi. Has anyone gotten any communications on this? I am wondering what effect this will have on these accounts. 

Thanks,

Phumar

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best Buy Mastercard change to Citi?

All,

Sorry about that...there is another posting on this below.

Phumanr

Message 2 of 8
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Yes that is true, but I don;t know what effect it will have on our account, usually Citi is alot more  conservative then Cap1. I guess it's a good thing because we woud auotmatically have an account with Citi and will help build credibility with them for other cards. This is what is says when I logged on my account  

"Important Account Notice
Beginning September 6, 2013 your Reward Zone MasterCard will be owned by Citibank, N.A.. From September 5 - 9, this website will be available for viewing account information only. Account management features including online payments, emergency card replacements, update contact information etc. will be unavailable during this period. As of September 9 you will need to register your account through Citibank, N.A. to continue managing your account online."

Message 3 of 8
missjae
Established Contributor

@phumanr wrote:

All,

I hear that the Best Buy Mastercard (Capital 1) will be switching over to Citi. Has anyone gotten any communications on this? I am wondering what effect this will have on these accounts. 

Thanks,

Phumar

I'm not a BB card holder, but there are tons of threads on the changes.  If you search "Best Buy Citi" or something similar, you should be able to find them.  Some people received information on it, some didn't.  I think the official change date is Sept 6th and as of Sept 9th, you need to register your card on Citi's website.  Some people also got upgrades to their account.

Message 4 of 8
aloush11
Regular Contributor

Im glad it's going to Citi. Maybe now I can get a CLI or possibly another card backed by Citi.
Message 5 of 8
lithium78
Established Contributor

I'm glad I dumped my card when I did.  I burned Citi when I was 18 years old and they have never forgiven me for it.  If I had kept my Best Buy card, Citi probably would have taken it as an opportunity for revenge, even all these years later.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

I'm glad I dumped my card when I did.  I burned Citi when I was 18 years old and they have never forgiven me for it.  If I had kept my Best Buy card, Citi probably would have taken it as an opportunity for revenge, even all these years later.

My Best Buy credit cards are handled by Citi Retail Services, so it is independent from CitiCards USA the division that handles the principal credit card division for Citibank, NA. CitiCard reps can't view/access the CRS backed cards like Sears, Home Depot and Best Buy and the CRS reps can't view/access the CitiCard accounts like ThankYou, Forward and Advantage. Many people charged off or discharged debts from CitiCards but could get Macy's, Sears or other CRS accounts without a problem.

Message 7 of 8
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all for the information. Maybe I will get upgraded since I am in credit rebuilding. 

Phumanr

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.