Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Mastercard

tag
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Best Buy Mastercard

Hey guys, need some advice. I got the BB Mastercard back in December 2012, im wondering if I should close it, i still have the annual fee on it with the small limit of $300, i know its a start with it, but what do you guys suggest? Will it hurt my credit if i close it? Should i ask for cli? I know the fee can probably be waived if i try to close it. Thanks

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
flashevo
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Buy Mastercard

Why are you looking to close it if you just opened it?
NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 2 of 3
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best Buy Mastercard

What's your current overall utilization? Even if you close it this account will stay on your reports for up to 10 years... The only thing that is hurt when you close an account is the utilization due to the fact that you have less available credit...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.