Frequent Contributor
SteveUrkel

Best Buy Mastercard

Hey guys, need some advice. I got the BB Mastercard back in December 2012, im wondering if I should close it, i still have the annual fee on it with the small limit of $300, i know its a start with it, but what do you guys suggest? Will it hurt my credit if i close it? Should i ask for cli? I know the fee can probably be waived if i try to close it. Thanks

*21 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $8,000 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card - $1,900 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $3,000 II American Eagle VISA - $2000 II Best Buy Mastercard - $1,500 II Kay Jewelers - $5,600

Regular Contributor
flashevo

Re: Best Buy Mastercard

Why are you looking to close it if you just opened it?
NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Frequent Contributor
mnavas

Re: Best Buy Mastercard

[ Edited ]
What's your current overall utilization? Even if you close it this account will stay on your reports for up to 10 years... The only thing that is hurt when you close an account is the utilization due to the fact that you have less available credit...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+