Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Pre approval???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Pre approval???

I was just approved acouple days ago. I went through the pre-approval. Got invited to try and get the card. They pulled my TU and gave me 100 credit limit. Still waiting for the card.

Link is https://www.hsbcapply.com/start/rewardzonemastercard

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a pre approval, but not ready to settle for low limit cards...I'll wait until my history on my current cards have hit the 1+ year mark

Message 12 of 25
tray
Valued Contributor

HSBK Reward Zone Mastercard only pulled EQ for me although they are being very stingy nowadys with the cl's with only giving $100.00 cl is a waste, and to top it off now there is an issue on even giving out cli's and who even knows when it is going to start,  if it even does???

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are pre-approved for the gold, I'd steer clear unless you don't mind having a toy card. If you are pre-approved for the platinum version then it will have nicer limits.

Message 14 of 25
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

on a whim i did the prequal too, prequaled for platinum card so i bit the bullet.  instant approval for $600 limit.  not bad, at least there is no annual fee!

id like a better CL but hopefully since this is less subprime than the gold card, they will grow with me.  does anyone know about CLI's with the platinum card?

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC is currently not offering CLIs on any of their products other than store-only cards until at least the Fall, but maybe longer. Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 25
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

yeah, i know.  i have a rewards card with them.  perfect payment history.  low utilization, and i use it every single month to keep activity.  been stuck at $320 for a year now.  im about to cancel it though.  its my lowest limit since i started rebuilding.  my highest limit is $2000 and hsbc will not budge on the $320.  ugh.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 17 of 25
CreditBuilder01
Valued Member

Approval today!!!  Gold card with $500 CL

I was reading the threads and my lender suggested that I get one more credit card to help utilization.  Prior to today only one Visa thru First Initial/Legacy with a $450.00 CL.  Just paid it down last week to under 9% utilities to help boost scores need 620 to get approval

Lender Pulled

602- TU 7/6/10

598- EX 7/6/10

600- EQ 7/6/10

I have not received an alert that my score has increased due to visa balance reporting at $24.00 as of 7/20/10 per the statement  balance, hopefully I will be able to see an increase by end of week once CC update hits CRA's.

I have been working on this and it was a blessing to receive the card with the $500 CL!  I was only expecting the $100 CL since the pre approval said I pre-qualified for the Gold Card.

This forum has kept my hope alive in the midst of all the negative collection agency reporting and nonsense and the repair rebuilding process.

I had to share the good news!!!  Happy Monday!

Message 18 of 25
sdbizexec

FYI, If you have ever had ANY HSBC Bank Credit Card no matter who's name was on the front and had a problem with them in the past, be pre paired to get a decline even if the pre approval says your approved. Happened to me....... =/

Message 19 of 25
swins24
New Contributor

I have a charged off hsbc two years ago and i still got the bestbuy gold card no af 500 cl a few weeks ago.

@keikdasneak wrote:

After the pre- approval what report will HSBC pull?

Thanks

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.