Established Contributor

Best Buy Resumed Accepting Contactless?

I just noticed the Discover Zip site lists Best Buy: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/account/zip/?gcmpgn=0311_ZZ_srch_gsan_txt_1

As you probably know when trying to use a contactless card at Best Buy you just get the error message "contactless not being accepted" - Best Buy has had contactless payment for about three years now (Dispute with Visa over fees). 

Did Best Buy resume accepting contactless, or do they take Discover Contactless (but not Visa/MC), or is that just old info on their website?

American Express Costco TrueEarnings - $8,300; American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $5,000; American Express Delta Gold - $7,300; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Arrival+ - $5,000; Citi Forward - $5,800; Chase British Airways - $14,500; Discover It - $4,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Buy Resumed Accepting Contactless?

how to get discover zip? call them?

Valued Member

stone wrote:

how to get discover zip? call them?

Yep. They'll send you either an RFID-enabled card or an RFID-enabled "sticker" that you can attach to something (like your cell phone). 

Alliant CU (12/11, $5k); Chase Freedom (3/12, $3.3k); Discover IT (7/12, $7.5k); American Express Blue Cash Preferred (10/13; $19k); Capital One Venture (3/15; $15k)
Valued Contributor

i was in there today but i dont have a zip. 

ive seen this in many stores in the mall but noone seems to know how it works. 

does anyone know of any other cards having contactless payment? i guess. 

i know its big in the uk not so much in the us. 

Current: Discover Fico 701 3/15 Walmart Fico 684 1/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 5 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 03/23/2015
Over 12 Months:6

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
15% right now, but going up soon :smileysad:
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$6400
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Valued Member

creditnocash wrote:

I've personally found that it doesn't work that well. The readers are finicky and the cashiers have no clue about how they work, so they generally assume that you don't know how to use a credit card reader. 

I have it on my Discover card and on my Chase Freedom card (Chase calls it 'blink'). I know AMEX, BofA, and a few others also offer it as well on some of their cards.

Alliant CU (12/11, $5k); Chase Freedom (3/12, $3.3k); Discover IT (7/12, $7.5k); American Express Blue Cash Preferred (10/13; $19k); Capital One Venture (3/15; $15k)
Established Contributor

I use the Google Wallet app all the time. McDonald's is used to it now - even a few months ago it got weird looks. Home Depot still gets weird looks. Right now I'm in a dispute with Capital One - a refund at Home Depot (Google Wallet purchase) didn't get credited to my account. UGH. Small amount thankfully, Capital One temporarily credited me immediately - hopefully it works out in my favor.

American Express Costco TrueEarnings - $8,300; American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $5,000; American Express Delta Gold - $7,300; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Arrival+ - $5,000; Citi Forward - $5,800; Chase British Airways - $14,500; Discover It - $4,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000
Valued Contributor

nick125 wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

I've personally found that it doesn't work that well. The readers are finicky and the cashiers have no clue about how they work, so they generally assume that you don't know how to use a credit card reader. 

I have it on my Discover card and on my Chase Freedom card (Chase calls it 'blink'). I know AMEX, BofA, and a few others also offer it as well on some of their cards.

I get that sometimes. Cashier looking at me like I'm an idiot because I am holding my wallet up to the reader. Just waiting for them to tell me I have to swipe a card.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Valued Contributor

secured message chase last night. 

lets see what they say about blink. 

Current: Discover Fico 701 3/15 Walmart Fico 684 1/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 5 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 03/23/2015
Over 12 Months:6

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
15% right now, but going up soon :smileysad:
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$6400
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.