Frequent Contributor
nyancat

Best Buy Resumed Accepting Contactless?

I just noticed the Discover Zip site lists Best Buy: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/account/zip/?gcmpgn=0311_ZZ_srch_gsan_txt_1

As you probably know when trying to use a contactless card at Best Buy you just get the error message "contactless not being accepted" - Best Buy has had contactless payment for about three years now (Dispute with Visa over fees). 

Did Best Buy resume accepting contactless, or do they take Discover Contactless (but not Visa/MC), or is that just old info on their website?

American Express Costco TrueEarnings - $8,300; American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $5,000; American Express Delta Gold - $7,300; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Capital One Cash Rewards Visa - $7,500; Citi Forward - $5,800 and $4,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred - $7,500; Discover It - $3,000
Regular Contributor
stone

Re: Best Buy Resumed Accepting Contactless?

how to get discover zip? call them?

Established Member
nick125

stone wrote:

how to get discover zip? call them?

Yep. They'll send you either an RFID-enabled card or an RFID-enabled "sticker" that you can attach to something (like your cell phone). 

Alliant CU (12/11, $2.5k); Chase Freedom (3/12, $2k); Discover IT (7/12, $3.5k); American Express Blue Cash Preferred (10/13; $10.3k)
Valued Contributor
creditnocash

i was in there today but i dont have a zip. 

ive seen this in many stores in the mall but noone seems to know how it works. 

does anyone know of any other cards having contactless payment? i guess. 

i know its big in the uk not so much in the us. 

Current: Discover Fico 689 7/14 Walmart Fico 697 8/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 3 EX 4 | Most Recent: 09/04/2013
2 Inquiries in The Last 12 Months

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Established Member
nick125

creditnocash wrote:

I've personally found that it doesn't work that well. The readers are finicky and the cashiers have no clue about how they work, so they generally assume that you don't know how to use a credit card reader. 

I have it on my Discover card and on my Chase Freedom card (Chase calls it 'blink'). I know AMEX, BofA, and a few others also offer it as well on some of their cards.

Alliant CU (12/11, $2.5k); Chase Freedom (3/12, $2k); Discover IT (7/12, $3.5k); American Express Blue Cash Preferred (10/13; $10.3k)
Frequent Contributor
nyancat

I use the Google Wallet app all the time. McDonald's is used to it now - even a few months ago it got weird looks. Home Depot still gets weird looks. Right now I'm in a dispute with Capital One - a refund at Home Depot (Google Wallet purchase) didn't get credited to my account. UGH. Small amount thankfully, Capital One temporarily credited me immediately - hopefully it works out in my favor.

American Express Costco TrueEarnings - $8,300; American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $5,000; American Express Delta Gold - $7,300; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Capital One Cash Rewards Visa - $7,500; Citi Forward - $5,800 and $4,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred - $7,500; Discover It - $3,000
Valued Contributor
Dustink

nick125 wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

I've personally found that it doesn't work that well. The readers are finicky and the cashiers have no clue about how they work, so they generally assume that you don't know how to use a credit card reader. 

I have it on my Discover card and on my Chase Freedom card (Chase calls it 'blink'). I know AMEX, BofA, and a few others also offer it as well on some of their cards.

I get that sometimes. Cashier looking at me like I'm an idiot because I am holding my wallet up to the reader. Just waiting for them to tell me I have to swipe a card.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
creditnocash

secured message chase last night. 

lets see what they say about blink. 

Current: Discover Fico 689 7/14 Walmart Fico 697 8/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 3 EX 4 | Most Recent: 09/04/2013
2 Inquiries in The Last 12 Months

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+