cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Reward Zone MC CLI's - when are they soft?

tag
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

Best Buy Reward Zone MC CLI's - when are they soft?

I've had my BB RZ MC for about 9 months now...at probably the 4th month mark I hit the luv button and it resulted in a hard pull (also a decline). At the 6th month mark (actually a little sooner) I hit it again and it was only a soft, and an increase. Does anyone know how often they will grant CLI's with just a soft? And I know both times I was asked to enter info, like my income, so I can't judge it that way. I don't know whether to wait till it's been 3 months, or 6 months, etc....I can't seem to find too much info on CLI's for the MC's, and not just the store card. Thanks! Smiley Happy

(PS - I know it's kind of a crappy card - but not nearly as crappy as my $500 MAXIMUM limit BB store card! Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Reward Zone MC CLI's - when are they soft?

I've had this "dead in the water" card for almost 3 years.  I've yet to see a luv button.  Where was it on the website?  I doubt that HSBC can even spell C-L-I.
Message 2 of 10
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've had this "dead in the water" card for almost 3 years.  I've yet to see a luv button.  Where was it on the website?  I doubt that HSBC can even spell C-L-I.

LOL...tell me about it. My $400 Household Bank Visa makes me want to cry. I don't know why some have the luv button and some don't...my DH has this BB card also and does not have the button. But he also has an annual fee and I do not - does yours have the fee? 

Message 3 of 10
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

You should request a CLI every 6 montths.
Message 4 of 10
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
You should request a CLI every 6 montths.

Great, thank you! I'll be sure to hit it in November. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wndrwmn78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL...tell me about it. My $400 Household Bank Visa makes me want to cry. I don't know why some have the luv button and some don't...my DH has this BB card also and does not have the button. But he also has an annual fee and I do not - does yours have the fee? 

I've got the fee. I just called CS and requested a CLI and the CSR didn't know if it would be a hard or soft pull.  I said no thanks.  Back to the sock drawer.

Message 6 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

HSBC CSR's are knowledge challenged. They also have very little power to do anything.
Message 7 of 10
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
HSBC CSR's are knowledge challenged. They also have very little power to do anything.

That's why it's a good idea to ask them to transfer you to a manager.

Message 8 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

That's why it's a good idea to ask them to transfer you to a manager.

I always do. Sometimes I even get a domestic one. I have gotten more from HSBC than just about anyone else reporting here. I just don't bother asking them for a CLI. I don't trust anybody in that company to know the difference between a hard and soft INQ.
Message 9 of 10
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Just a bit of advice on getting someone that can actually help you at HSBC...

Call the International Toll Free number.  Its ALWAYS someone in the US and  they almost always answer immediately with very little wait time.  Since I live in the US now, I can no longer use any of their foreign offices, which, ironically, have the power to do anything they feel like.  Instead, I was stuck with the idiots in [edited! Please do not reference specific countries, regions or ethnicities when commenting negatively about outsourced call centers] who just keep telling me "Thank you for that information"  which for some reason annoys the heck out of me.

Despite my short rant - thats an easy way to bypass the system...  Just my .02 

Message Edited by Scamp on 08-01-2009 05:49 AM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.