cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Reward Zone MC: Plan A or Plan B?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Reward Zone MC: Plan A or Plan B?

@blacklotus wrote:

What gets you in trouble is if you use these cards like normal credit cards which they are not designed to be.  Also never use it for emergencies- saving $100 for a rainy day is not that hard.

I was actually planning on using it  a lot even though its only 100, otherwise how are we supposed to earn rewards with it? My plan is to charge, then PIF next day or whenever the charge gets processed, then charge again and pay next day, etc etc. They told me they report at the end of the month, so I'll make sure not to have a high balance around that time and also around the time my statment posts.

Message 11 of 15
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Sounds like a good plan- personally I wouldn't use it quite that often though it seems like it might raise some flags.

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't spend over $10 without paying it off immdeiately or it will hurt your fico score. The card really is worthless.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boy, I got a surprise when I received this card. $750 credit limit w/ no annual fee. I thought I would fall over as I was expecting $100. I'm happy but many that have scores around mine get stuck with the crappy $100. Perhaps my secured orchard card helped though. Interestingly, its my highest limit.  

Message 14 of 15
kidkind2003
Established Member

Nice that's my kind of surprise.

Started the Rebuild in 2009 all 400’s with a First Premier.
2018 = All 700’s with 200 K revolving ,1 percent Utility. Trying to curb my Amex addictionsSmiley Happy
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.