Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard

tag
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard

be very careful with this card. I have had this card for almost 3yrs now and I am stuck at 300 credit limit. I called every backdoor number and spoke to every rep I could and they told me that the max I can EVER get is 300 on this card, I can not upgrade to another account..etc. This card has never been paid late, and I keep using it and then paying it off. I would say negotiate what amount they give you first if they try and give you 300 as a limit. But other than that I love this card. I have the card that attaches to my cell phone so when I go to places like McDonalds or Best Buy I can just tap my phone on the swipe pad and go..its great because I always seem to leave my wallet in the car but my phone is always with me.
Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 11 of 112
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

Yes, it is a soft pull. If you decide to go ahead and apply, it's a hard pull.

Starting Score: 467 EQ 514 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 531 EQ 567 TU 601 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msdraglox wrote:
be very careful with this card. I have had this card for almost 3yrs now and I am stuck at 300 credit limit. I called every backdoor number and spoke to every rep I could and they told me that the max I can EVER get is 300 on this card, I can not upgrade to another account..etc. This card has never been paid late, and I keep using it and then paying it off. I would say negotiate what amount they give you first if they try and give you 300 as a limit. But other than that I love this card. I have the card that attaches to my cell phone so when I go to places like McDonalds or Best Buy I can just tap my phone on the swipe pad and go..its great because I always seem to leave my wallet in the car but my phone is always with me.

I dont follow, how does that work?

Message 13 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do give more than 300 limits I got end of jan 2010 a 2000 limit GL.It  was the hsbcMC no annual fee the best they offer
Message 14 of 112
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

its a pay pass sticker you can attach to either your phone or ipod, etc and all you do is tap it on the pin pad and like magic your card is charged.....lol..only if like magic the bill got paid too....lol...its a test trial that they offer, if you want the info you can PM me and I will try and find the website you need to go to to get it.
Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 15 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually have two  BB RZMC   one is a Gold with an annual fee it has a CL of $900

The other is a Platinum with no annual fee with a CL of $6000.

I plan to close the Gold card in a few months when the annual fee is due.

Message 16 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually have two  BB RZMC   one is a Gold with an annual fee it has a CL of $900

I will agree that you can get a decent CL from HSBC with this card. I app'd in October 09 and got the platinum card with no AF and a CL of $4000. 

Message 17 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msdraglox wrote:
its a pay pass sticker you can attach to either your phone or ipod, etc and all you do is tap it on the pin pad and like magic your card is charged.....lol..only if like magic the bill got paid too....lol...its a test trial that they offer, if you want the info you can PM me and I will try and find the website you need to go to to get it.

yes please, that would be lovely..Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I will agree that you can get a decent CL from HSBC with this card. I app'd in October 09 and got the platinum card with no AF and a CL of $4000. 

I have the same thing, Platinum w/n AF and a CL of $500.
Message 19 of 112
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

After reading this thread I went to the link for the preselection and apped.  I was preselected for the Platinum Card and apped today.  I got a phone call while my app was processing to verify my phone number- it was a robot just to make sure my home phone works.  I got a 10-14 day message.  I'll update this.  I have had a Rewards Program Card with Best Buy for about three years and they also asked me for this number on the app.

BTW I have never apped with HSBC.  I'm trying to get a high CL to lower my overall util.  

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 20 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.