Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard

Yes I was approved 3/3/2010 for $500 cl and the platinum with no a/f. I used the preapporval link in this thread and it worked. I have no other cc besides the home depot that I was apprroved for in Feb. They did a soft pull for the pre-approval and the hard they pulled eq. which drop my score 7 pts. oh well I need the credit.. this will be my last app for at least six months. during the last two months I was accepted for the hd with $1000 limit and this.. I was denied at citi forward, local cu. four apps I'm 2 out of 4. I want to mention I had a hsbc co dola 2005, so it is possible to get back with them..Smiley Wink
Message 21 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I was approved 3/3/2010 for $500 cl and the platinum with no a/f. I used the preapporval link in this thread and it worked. I have no other cc besides the home depot that I was apprroved for in Feb. They did a soft pull for the pre-approval and the hard they pulled eq. which drop my score 7 pts. oh well I need the credit.. this will be my last app for at least six months. during the last two months I was accepted for the hd with $1000 limit and this.. I was denied at citi forward, local cu. four apps I'm 2 out of 4. I want to mention I had a hsbc co dola 2005, so it is possible to get back with them..Smiley Wink

Do they have a pre-approval link for home depot?
Message 22 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not aware of an pre-approval for the home depot card. sorry. I just applied at the store.
Message 23 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blacklotus wrote:

After reading this thread I went to the link for the preselection and apped.  I was preselected for the Platinum Card and apped today.  I got a phone call while my app was processing to verify my phone number- it was a robot just to make sure my home phone works.  I got a 10-14 day message.  I'll update this.  I have had a Rewards Program Card with Best Buy for about three years and they also asked me for this number on the app.

BTW I have never apped with HSBC.  I'm trying to get a high CL to lower my overall util.  

Don't be surprised if they issue you a new BB RZ number.  I have had my Gold BB RZ MC for awhile now and have used it quite a bit. So much in fact that I am now a silver premier member. When I applied for the new card (Platinum) they did ask if I had a RZ account # so I entered it. Unfortunately, they ignored this fact and issued me a completely new RZ # and because one is at the silver premier level and the other at the basic level they can not be combined.

Just something to keep in mind 

Message Edited by mainemedic on 03-06-2010 11:40 PM
Message 24 of 112
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Thanks for this info.  I checked the HSBC credit card app site- there's a link that allows you to check the status of your application.  I was approved with an initial starting CL of $1000.  I'm not sure if this is a good starting CL with them or not but I know as far as my personal finances go it's sufficient because I usually don't spend more than that at BB.  The largest purchase with them was for a High-def television and PS3 bundle that cost me close to $3000 which I paid for in cash in 2007 that earned me a hell of alot of reward points.  I will have to wait in the mail for it to see the terms but I will post it if it would help anyone. 

My highest CL now is my Citi Platinum card at CL=$4700.  That was when I apped for the Best Buy card.

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 25 of 112
cam72
Established Member

i just went to the site and got instant approval for the platinum RZ BB card for $500. My score on Experican is 698.

Starting Score: EQ -604 (4/09) TU 644 (3/10)
Current Score: EQ -698 (3/10) TU-644 (3/10)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

good news.. I was approved on the 3rd and still haven't received the card yet. Looks like it will be 14 days when I get the card..

Message 27 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Wink
@Anonymous wrote:

good news.. I was approved on the 3rd and still haven't received the card yet. Looks like it will be 14 days when I get the card..

yes it took me forever to get my card to...but hey, as long as you know you got your card coming it all good...Smiley Happy

If you dont mind me asking, why did you get declined for citi forward? I was looking at that card.

Message 28 of 112
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

I am still waiting for my card.  One thing I don't understand is why does this "Platinum" card have such a low CL?  I was approved for BBRZ Plat with $1000 and I read some others received $500.  

Seems low for a platinum card!  IMHO

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 29 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

here is the offical response.

A delinquent credit obligation(s), either paid
or unpaid, was recorded on your credit bureau report. I'VE PAID THEM OFF TWO YEARS AGO. NO BADDIES SINCE. I however did get a home depot card from citi last month.
Message 30 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.