Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard

tag
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard

Sirron:

Was that the response when you apped for the CitiForward?

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 31 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes that was it, an electronic reject letter.. I will apply for something else six months or so..

Message 32 of 112
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

I don't understand how Citi approved you for a store card yet declines you for a bankcard!

You state that the letter was electronic generated- how did you app was it online?

Message 33 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes applied online with the citi forward, and the home depot in person..

Message 34 of 112
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

I hope that you realize that your scores now are maybe one negative item away from being from SUBPRIME to PRIME!

I hope you know because the difference between SUBPRIME and PRIME is huge.  I actually don't even think a new credit card is needed to push you the few extra points you need right now but a bankcard would definitely help a little in the future.

Once you get your score into the prime range you shouldn't have anymore problems- I'm letting you know this from experience.  You could be -1 FICO point from being in the prime rate zone and only able to get a secured CC.  and you could be +1 FICO point into the prime rate zone and qualify for a gold or plat card!

Message 35 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the advice, i have look on the forums since you asked these questions. I will look into getting the deleted. thanks for your help and how is the weather in the prime area?Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i dont need to applied than, because I have a couple of baddies that is paid as well, almost 2 years know......

Message 37 of 112
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Just an update:

I apped online on MAR 6- I am still waiting for my card and the terms!

Message 38 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

finally got my card on the fifteenth it took 12 days so you will probably see it early next week. their should be a toll free number you can call to check your cl. 

Message 39 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got denied a few weeks ago and then got a letter in the mail saying they needed to verify my name and ssn. I called them up and after a few verid questions they approved me for 100 lol.

Message 40 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.