Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard

tag
ArchEagleJ
Established Member

Re: Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard

Ohhh this is bad for me! haha I had done so well with not applying for any cards and then last week I got a Pre-Approval from Discover and had to take the plunge and was approved for $1k.  And then I saw this thread and figured I would at least check and see if I was pre-approved and I did that and it said I was for the platinum card with no annual fee, so I went against my better judgement and apped for it!  I was instantly approved with a CL of $3k, which is awesome! I just need to get back on the no app wagon!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/25/09 -- EQ 651 ; TU 634 ; EX: ??

2/22/10 -- EQ 652; TU 657; Ex: ??
Shootin' for 700!!!
Message 101 of 112
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

@tono wrote:

Yey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all, after being under review for "10-14" decided to call and:

Congratulations! Your application has been approved. For $2,000 !

I got approved for the PLATINUM MC. with NO Annual Fee 

Thanks again everyone!

Smiley Very Happy

What number did you call? I called the one on the backdoor thread, and they say they can't find my application. I go to the BBRZ credit card site and it also says application not found. The only one I can find my approval on is the hsbc site. :/

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 102 of 112
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

Anyone else have their application not found?

Message 103 of 112
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

If it helps anyone, the customer service rep gave me another number to call 800-395-2120 and that one did say the correct approval. In case anyone else gets the application not found issue.

Message 104 of 112
sonson
Regular Contributor

awesome i got approved. so happy. only for 100 but its a start, haven't applied for any cards due to me trying to fix my past baddies. going to take care  of this card as if it was my baby. hopefully it comes in soon. so i can get something small and have it start reporting. thanks for the link!

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Message 105 of 112
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Pushto700 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When I app'd I got the review message too, just checked status and was approved for 5k CL.   Not sure which card I got, if there is more than one. 

Wow, that's awesome. I do not think my app (my fiancee was approved) will be approved - got the 10-14 day message as well. Probably because of the two negatives on my report (that are being litigated right now - two auto repos) and the creditors are updating monthly though these are two years old (status wise) each.

But I am an AU on my fiancees card. So I will take that for the time being.

I guess I eat my words. I was approved. My fiancee was instantly approved about a week ago. They sent me a verification of address request, I looked on this board and saw someone back in May 2009 who had a similar situation, called in and was approved after they supplied proper information. I did the same this morning (after assuming I was denied once I got the 10-14 day message last week). I called the number supplied on the information to me, verified my mailing address (as I listed a PO Box), answered verification questions (due to the fraud alert on my file) and after that...approved for $300.

I'll take it. It's my first REAL approval for an unsecured CC (1secured CC, 1 joint CC, and 1 as an Authorized user) so I am thrilled. It's a builder card, so I will use it for that to ascend to better deals.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 106 of 112
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone, I applied via the pre-selector and got approved. Its only for $100 but its better then nothing. I have not had a new credit card in at least 5 years. Long story short. I had a wild time in college, had some balances. Paid them off. removed negative items and when I pulled my credit report some months ago it looked clean (but there was nothing on it) I closed all my credit cards so when I tried to pull a fico score, I DIDNT HAVE ONE.

So for someone in my situation what would you suggest I do with this card. Use it for alot of small purchases paying it off on time? I'm not looking to inscrease the limit I just want to give my credit and fico a kickstart. Suggestions?

Message 107 of 112
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Sounds as if your plan is a good one. Use it a couple of times and then pay it off. Then, do so again.

It will help you build credit. I wouldn't let much (if any) of a balance show on it. Even a $10 balance is 10% utilization, and you don't want to even show that if you don't have to. I'd be using it and then paying it off before the statement cuts.

Message 108 of 112
Roxlie
Contributor

I used the preapproval link today.  I got a 10-14 day message as well.  When I check the status online it says it could not finish finalizing my application and I'd be hearing from them in 10-14 days.

When I call  to check status it says it's in processing and to wait up to 20 days.

Has anyone recieved the 10-14 day notice and not been approved?  I should also mention that I already have a BBRZ MC that is a few years old now.  The preapproval offered me a no annual fee card and I'm paying $39 a year now and my current limit is $800.

Thanks

Message 109 of 112
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Roxlie wrote:

I used the preapproval link today.  I got a 10-14 day message as well.  When I check the status online it says it could not finish finalizing my application and I'd be hearing from them in 10-14 days.

When I call 800-935-2120 to check status it says it' sin processing and to wait up to 20 days.

Has anyone recieved the 10-14 day notice and not been approved?  I should also mention that I already have a BBRZ MC that is a few years old now.  The preapproval offered me a no annual fee card and I'm paying $39 a year now and my current limit is $800.

Thanks

I did. I had the 10-14, and recived a letter regarding an address verfifcation, called the number, answered some questions, & was approved.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 110 of 112
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.