Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy RewardZone MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy RewardZone MasterCard

Just got approved for a Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard with a very small toy limit of 100, laughable, I know, but hey not complaining, I will let it sit for a year and if no movement then I will cancel. Im rebuilding my credit and just got a 1200 walmart credit card and others. Apparently there are some points attached to every dollar spent using this card. Anyone have this card or know anything about it? Thanks!  

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Best Buy RewardZone MasterCard

have it. HSBC is not granting CLI at this time but when they start again in the fall, they want HEAVY usage... they are kind of crazy, push at least 3 times your CL through them each month and they will give you more attention, otherwise, forget it and close it because you will hate them forever. if you got 1200 at walmart how did you get 100 at bestbuy?

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tips on getting clis. I will try to use this small cl 3 xs its limit monthly hehe without maxing it out and going home quickly and paying it off. I have decided I will give it 8-12 months and if it does not grow with me any bit, then I will most likely close at that time. Oh my gosh, who the heck knows whats going on, I got that Walmart card last month for 1200, thankfully its my highest limit and my fav card, so I thought all cards would follow suit. I do have alot of inq lately and new accts, so maybe this is what has affected the best buy lower limit who knows, also I just got a direct rewards platinum discover with a 300 limit 3 days from the discover site as a counter offer, both are from Hsbc, I take it they are a little conservative as well, I know I have taken some hits but GEMB also just granted me a paypal buyer credit card for 500 with the same inquiry used as best buy for 500. lol and this was 3 days after... There is a thread going on and apparently alot of 100, 300 cls from Best buy hsbc going on right now, so I will stick tight and like I said if I dont see anything substantial, I will just close in 8-12 months. Also, the rest of my baddies are falling off early nezt year, so Im on a credit freeze after this last paypal buyer credit, plus everything I need I can get from my 1200 Walmart card anyways, everything else was just to get my total credit granted up. Maybe Walmart made a mistake and didnt mean to give me that much? LOL Oh well, cant take it back now, Im keeping it!! I just canceled First Premier because they were my first starter card yet they were 79.9% apr and no clis for 13 months and they would charge u for them. Now I feel like HSBC is kind of like another first premier, but at least the apr is a littler better. hehe

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was you score when you applied for the best buy?

Message 4 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

My friend had a 493 fico score and was approve gold with $300 limit!

Message 5 of 21
heatblaze2010
New Contributor

i got approved with a equifax fico of 558 for 300 limit...my girl was approved for 100 with a fico equifax of 618, all my baddies are from 2005 and she just had one now(repo) from07

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got only a 100 with a 650. Man I would of got more from walmart or something. What a waste. Ah.

Message 7 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got only a 100 with a 650. Man I would of got more from walmart or something. What a waste. Ah.

I think they pull EQ, do you know that score?

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well congrats to all of you.  I guess they did not like me.  I did not get the card.  I wonder if I should try yo call.

Message 9 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

did you do the pre-approval? what did it say?

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.