Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Rewards Zone MC

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

Best Buy Rewards Zone MC

I was approved 2 weeks ago for the Best Buy Gold MasterCard with an annual fee of $59 and low limit of $300.

I assuming this is the Plan B card although I couldn't find anything in the disclosure that says Plan B.

I received the card today but I haven't activated it yet. It hasn't shown up yet on my reports. I'm wondering if I should close the account. Anyone know if it will still report if I don't activate it? I don't want the trade line to show as opened and then closed the next month, so if it will report anyways then I will just keep it.

Is this Plan B card not eligible for any credit limit increases?

I shop at Best Buy pretty often so I would use the card for the 4% back but with that toy limit it won't get much use.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Best Buy Rewards Zone MC

You can call BB CS on the back of the card to find out. Its going to report regardless of closing, so id call.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
Ron1
Super Contributor

Yes, it will report if you close.

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@IWOL wrote:
I was approved 2 weeks ago for the Best Buy Gold MasterCard with an annual fee of $59 and low limit of $300.

I assuming this is the Plan B card although I couldn't find anything in the disclosure that says Plan B.

I received the card today but I haven't activated it yet. It hasn't shown up yet on my reports. I'm wondering if I should close the account. Anyone know if it will still report if I don't activate it? I don't want the trade line to show as opened and then closed the next month, so if it will report anyways then I will just keep it.

Is this Plan B card not eligible for any credit limit increases?

I shop at Best Buy pretty often so I would use the card for the 4% back but with that toy limit it won't get much use.

Plan A vs. B is a store card thing... not the MasterCard.

This is pretty much a terrible card but sit tight, later this year in Sept. Oct. the Best Buy Credit Cards (Store and MC) will be moving to Citi.  I am hoping once over at Citi we can do something with them, I don't feel like $300 MasterCards are usually something Citi hands out!

Message 4 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I once app'ed for the Best Buy Store card and got a Gold MC with a $500 limit and that $59 AF. I had them close it the second it was instantly approved due to the low CL; I think I was in the 610-630 range then. It never showed up on my report at all. So if it hasn't been more than a day or two, maybe it won't show up.
That af is hefty😳
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The thing i dont get is they no longer list the gold AF card on their terms and conditions page. How can they offer that card without disclosing it as a possibility?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.