Frequent Contributor
IWOL

Best Buy Rewards Zone MC

I was approved 2 weeks ago for the Best Buy Gold MasterCard with an annual fee of $59 and low limit of $300.

I assuming this is the Plan B card although I couldn't find anything in the disclosure that says Plan B.

I received the card today but I haven't activated it yet. It hasn't shown up yet on my reports. I'm wondering if I should close the account. Anyone know if it will still report if I don't activate it? I don't want the trade line to show as opened and then closed the next month, so if it will report anyways then I will just keep it.

Is this Plan B card not eligible for any credit limit increases?

I shop at Best Buy pretty often so I would use the card for the 4% back but with that toy limit it won't get much use.

Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: Best Buy Rewards Zone MC

You can call BB CS on the back of the card to find out. Its going to report regardless of closing, so id call.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Senior Contributor
Ron1

Yes, it will report if you close.

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

IWOL wrote:
I was approved 2 weeks ago for the Best Buy Gold MasterCard with an annual fee of $59 and low limit of $300.

I assuming this is the Plan B card although I couldn't find anything in the disclosure that says Plan B.

I received the card today but I haven't activated it yet. It hasn't shown up yet on my reports. I'm wondering if I should close the account. Anyone know if it will still report if I don't activate it? I don't want the trade line to show as opened and then closed the next month, so if it will report anyways then I will just keep it.

Is this Plan B card not eligible for any credit limit increases?

I shop at Best Buy pretty often so I would use the card for the 4% back but with that toy limit it won't get much use.

Plan A vs. B is a store card thing... not the MasterCard.

This is pretty much a terrible card but sit tight, later this year in Sept. Oct. the Best Buy Credit Cards (Store and MC) will be moving to Citi.  I am hoping once over at Citi we can do something with them, I don't feel like $300 MasterCards are usually something Citi hands out!

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 665 GE, EX 677 Prosper (07-09-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

I once app'ed for the Best Buy Store card and got a Gold MC with a $500 limit and that $59 AF. I had them close it the second it was instantly approved due to the low CL; I think I was in the 610-630 range then. It never showed up on my report at all. So if it hasn't been more than a day or two, maybe it won't show up.
That af is hefty😳
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor
jsucool76

The thing i dont get is they no longer list the gold AF card on their terms and conditions page. How can they offer that card without disclosing it as a possibility?
Wallet: Capital One Cash Rewards 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 1286CL, Walmart Discover: 2000CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 2000CL, Citi Forward: 1500CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 700CL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+