Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Rewardzone MC CLI finally

tag
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Best Buy Rewardzone MC CLI finally

Got the card in 03/2010 with $300 limit when my scores were much lower.  Have applied for a CLI on several occasions without luck.  I tried it again just now and boom, $300 CLI!  I don't have an annual fee, so I will be keeping this account open.

Exp FICO 635

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Braydon
New Contributor

Re: Best Buy Rewardzone MC CLI finally

I would love to close my BB Rewardszone MC if I could figure out  how badly it would hurt my AAoA. Right now I'm sitting at 2 yrs AAoA per TU report.  I opened it  in Nov 2011 and can't  get them to do a CLI so here I sit with a 300 CL and an annual fee of 39 bucks. Everytime I go in Best Buy I end up having to use my AMX Zinc or Citi Preferred because the limit is so low on their card.

TU FICO 738 EQ FICO 707 EX FAKO 737

Message 2 of 5
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

This is one of the cards I want so I can maximize my rewards.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 5
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

braydon, the card will continue to report even after it is closed (for 10 years).  I have several loans that are about 7-10 years old that still show up, ditch the card if you have really no need for it; but your age will just keep getting better on the card!!!

Message 4 of 5
Braydon
New Contributor

Thanks for the adviseSmiley Happy Its not that I don't want the card its just I can't see paying an annual fee with a limit of 300. I did call them and got the run around she told me I had to keep the card open for a year before they would do a CLI or drop the annual fee. I have other cards to use so if thats the way it is then I'm going to drop them because at this point I feel like I'm working for them and not the other way around.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.