Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Store Card CL & Score

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Best Buy Store Card CL & Score

I'd like to get an idea of the type of approvals people have been getting with Best Buy's STORE card from HSBC (NOT the MC). I'm considering financing a new computer and want to know the types of CLs people are getting with them.

Also, it would be helpful to know what your score was when you were approved (if you have an idea). Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Best Buy Store Card CL & Score

@bichonmom wrote:

I'd like to get an idea of the type of approvals people have been getting with Best Buy's STORE card from HSBC (NOT the MC). I'm considering financing a new computer and want to know the types of CLs people are getting with them.

Also, it would be helpful to know what your score was when you were approved (if you have an idea). Thanks! Smiley Happy

$750CL Plan A Pulled EQ 623 FICO.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 71
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I'm 99% sure my EQ was under 615 in December of 2010 when I got approved in store for Plan A with a $900 CL.  (was before having the one CA removed). The rest of my file was medium thick I'd guess and all perfect.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 3 of 71
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

What's the Plan A and Plan B?? Where do you find that information? 

Slowly building....
Message 4 of 71
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Also, you can call at store and recon a low approval CL Bichon. I don't think you'll have that problem if you wait 6 months and let your recent INQ's age.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 71
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:

What's the Plan A and Plan B?? Where do you find that information? 

Pretty much if your APR is higher than 25.24% you have Plan B which is no CLI's $750 permanent limit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 71
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Plan B is an extended line of credit with a set CL max...No cli with this plan......for people with no so good credit history....A plan is regular account with SOME...I stress some CLI .........APR differs from the 2 but if you are going for the 0% its a great card...for now till CAP one takes over...

Message 7 of 71
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Plan B is an extended line of credit with a set CL max...No cli with this plan......for people with no so good credit history....A plan is regular account with SOME...I stress some CLI .........APR differs from the 2 but if you are going for the 0% its a great card...for now till CAP one takes over...

I think your pretty much golden for CLI's every 6 months as long as your file is looking good with Plan A.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 71
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

I would not be too sure with cap one taking it over

Message 9 of 71
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

1 prime card and a BB store card plan A is all i am wanting at the moment ...

I have the B ...thinking of closing it ..opened in 2008 ...

Message 10 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.