Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Store Card CL & Score

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Best Buy Store Card CL & Score

@Mike360 wrote:

BB. I probably could have got HHGregg card if i wanted it but Best Buy has 3 stores within 45 mins and HHGregg only has one. I prefer Best Buy because they have great finance options and they sell more stuff and have more stuff on sale.

I've never really looked into hhgregg to see what they offer. I'm gonna take a stroll in there today!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 41 of 71
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Mike360 wrote:

Opened new account on Black Friday in-store. Was Approved for Plan A with $3K limit with 740EQ Fico at the time. They pulled EQ

Congrats Mike!

Thanks. They denied me 2 years prior for the same card because i had 70% util and too many INQ. 2 years later i get my util down to 12% and 0 INQ at time of app plus no new accounts in those 2 years. It's all about patience.

Message 42 of 71
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The application process has changed recently,  You cannot pick whether you want the instore version(RZCC) or the RZMC any longer unless you call in and specifically ask to apply only for one or the other.  They have changed things up after they stopped doing the paper applications in store.  They are all done on the computers, and when you apply it will determine which card and plan is "best" for you without giving you the option, since now the RZMC will give you the in-store no interest promotions only the RZCC used to offer they figured you wouldn't mind.  If you have better credit you will likely be approved on the RZMC, no fee version, which is 2% rewards and 4% rewards in store.  With or without your consent.

I thought they stopped offering RZMC Platinum any more. I didn't see they mention the terms RZMC Platinum.  They only offer either $39/$59 RZMC with high interest.

Ron.

Message 43 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, I work at BB ^^, trust me, I just had a women 3/3 approved for 12k RZMC plat no annual fee.

Message 44 of 71
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope, I work at BB ^^, trust me, I just had a women 3/3 approved for 12k RZMC plat no annual fee.

That is one NICE starting CL! I'll bet she had a great AAoA / FICO score.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 45 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

She was a farmer.  Farmers need a ton of loans from my understanding, for all the vehicles, equiptment, land/home etc.. They must have most/all of them paid off, and perfect credit/near perfect, because they only reported mid 5 figure income, and that is the highest approval I have seen in the 500+ apps I have run lol.  Second highest has only been 6600, and he reported 250kish income.  

Message 46 of 71
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

She was a farmer.  Farmers need a ton of loans from my understanding, for all the vehicles, equiptment, land/home etc.. They must have most/all of them paid off, and perfect credit/near perfect, because they only reported mid 5 figure income, and that is the highest approval I have seen in the 500+ apps I have run lol.  Second highest has only been 6600, and he reported 250kish income.  

About what % of apps are approved for the store (non-MC) card? What is the typical range of CLs that people get with the store card?

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 47 of 71
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That right there is a testament to it's not how much you make but how your creditworthines rates.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 48 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

bichonmom,  the lowest approval amounts I've seen personally are 700ish(very rare), the approval rates combined from all the stores I've worked at are about 55/60%,  I had one guy that just got pre approved for a Fha loan with a mid score a hair above 620 declined with 35kish income, although I can't tell exactly what the reason was(and if you have someone call in for you to try and find out why, the bank will no longer release the info over the phone even to the customer directly.)  I don't know people's score going into it though.  

But a tip that may help you, if you have them put in the 'initial sale amount' portion an amount slightly higher than what you would have been approved for they will go for it,  which is useful if you can take an accurate guess at what your approval would be.  The average approval is around 2kish, i'd say 60% are around this mark, 15%+ higher, and 20% between 1k-1.5k, very few lower.  If you overlay that with national fico score averages you could get a good idea of what you would be approved for, as I have had a pretty large sample pool.(I run the most apps out of anyone I know lol)

Message 49 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

also, they say sometimes that it is only a soft inquiry, (even the bank csr's/supervisors say this often) but It does a hard pull (Equifax).

Message 50 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.