cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Store Card converting to Visa... 06/2016... ???

tag
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Buy Store Card converting to Visa... 06/2016... ???

Okay. I think I wil l call them to RSVP my Visa also (if you will) lol
Message 31 of 65
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

I wonder if this will be like a Synch upgrade?

Wonder if account on reports stay the same or will it close and then open new account? Hmmmmm
Message 32 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I am new to the forum, but have been reading and learning for the past few weeks.  I am very greatful for all of the knowledge I have gained about managing my credit so THANK YOU ALL!!  Smiley Happy  I did an online chat with Best Buy today to inquire about the visa upgrade.  The rep told me that 700,000 customers were mailed an invitation letter to accept or opt out of this card.  I never received one so he told me to call.  I called and the CSR told me that my card is not eligible for the upgrade and that he did not know what the qualifications were.  He said not every card is eligible for the upgrade Smiley Mad 

Message 33 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, I am new to the forum, but have been reading and learning for the past few weeks.  I am very greatful for all of the knowledge I have gained about managing my credit so THANK YOU ALL!!  Smiley Happy  I did an online chat with Best Buy today to inquire about the visa upgrade.  The rep told me that 700,000 customers were mailed an invitation letter to accept or opt out of this card.  I never received one so he told me to call.  I called and the CSR told me that my card is not eligible for the upgrade and that he did not know what the qualifications were.  He said not every card is eligible for the upgrade Smiley Mad 

Thank you for the follow up. I hate inconsistency withing companies/call centers like this. As the OP i'm especially frustrated because I posted this to get confirmation from other members of the forums who have a BB SC or Visa or make them aware of the news. If what you say is the case, then I would be ineligible aslo. I will have to call again today and see.

Message 34 of 65
Gatito
Contributor

You are now chatting with Hillary.

info: at 9:02:55

** Please do not share your credit card information, security code or CVV during this chat **
Hillary: at 9:02:59
 Hello, welcome to Best Buy Credit Card Live Chat. My name is Hillary. How may I help you online today?

N: at 9:03:20
 Hi, I would like to inquire about converting my store card to a VISA card.

Hillary: at 9:04:08
 I appreciate you taking the time to verify this information, and I apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are not able to change your card type. As the application is a four in one process, you apply for one of the four Best Buy credit cards and are approved for one of these credit cards based on your credit worthiness.

Hillary: at 9:04:18
To see if you would be approved for a different card type, you would be required to cancel this account and apply again; however, as it is based on your credit worthiness, I cannot guarantee you would be approved for a different card, I apologize.

N: at 9:05:01
 I've read somewhere online that the store cards are currently being upgraded to VISA cards and many customers are asked to "opt-in" or "opt-out"

N: at 9:05:11 
Is this true?

Hillary: at 9:05:55
 Accounts are periodically reviewed for upgrades. If you were approved for an upgrade, you would have been notified by a letter sent by mail.

N: at 9:06:28
 I've moved addresses recently and maybe I missed the letter is there a way I can check or the check can be done internally by a representative? :-)

Hillary: at 9:08:04
I'd be happy to review your account to see if you were sent any notification concerning the Visa migration. For security purposes only, may I ask that you verify your name as it appears on the account?

Hillary: at 9:08:44
Thank you. Remember, you can also register for online Alerts concerning your account. You can do this by selecting the Manage Account tab on the toolbar and choosing Account Alerts on that page.

Hillary: at 9:08:44
It will be a few minutes while I review your account.

N: at 9:08:52
OK, thank you!

Hillary: at 9:09:37
Thank you for your patience. I was able to locate your account. Unfortunately, I am not showing the option to opt into the Visa migration for this account, I apologize.

N: at 9:10:30
OK

N: at 9:10:32
Thank you

Hillary: at 9:10:44
You're welcome! Do you have any other questions today?

N: at 9:10:52
No that is it, thanks very much.

Hillary: at 9:10:55
Not a problem! I'm glad I was able to assist. It has been a pleasure chatting with you today! While you are online, be sure to check out our Weekly Deals by clicking HERE! If you have the time, please select the "End Chat" button in the top right corner of this window to complete an exit survey on my service today. Have a wonderful week!
info: at 9:10:56

Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seems to me like it's happening but not everyone is qualified and they can check for you if maybe you really missed their letter. This way you don't miss the opportunity to "opt in"

What a bummer for me! Cat Mad
Message 35 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gatito wrote:
You are now chatting with Hillary.

Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seems to me like it's happening but not everyone is qualified and they can check for you if maybe you really missed their letter. This way you don't miss the opportunity to "opt in"

What a bummer for me! Cat Mad

Thanks for the chat transcript. I just spoke with a BB CSR and was told my card is not flagged for the upgrade. Pretty upsetting as this wouldve been my only Visa (I have AMEX Gold/AMEX Blue/C1 QS MC) and i need a Visa by June for Costco. Now i'm going to have to check the forums to see whats the best Visa for me to apply for... or look at the Costco Anywhere.. Robot Frustrated

Message 36 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got off chat and she said my card will be upgraded in June. No other details or info or anything. So maybe I was just in the batch of chosen cardholders, who knows but I haven't received anything in the mail about it yet.
Message 37 of 65
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Here's my chat transcript:

info: at 13:16:44
Welcome
A Best Buy Credit Card Customer Service Associate will help you in approximately 0 minutes 3 seconds.
For your protection, we'll never ask you for passwords, PINs, User IDs, security words or any part of your social security number during a chat. Other information may be required to help us verify your identity. This chat may be monitored or recorded for quality and training purposes.

You are now chatting with Danny.
** Please do not share your credit card information, security code or CVV during this chat **
Danny: at 13:16:54
Hello, welcome to Best Buy live chat. My name is Danny. How may I help you today?
W: at 13:17:10
hi there I was wondering if you can tell me if my account has any offers to be upgraded to the VISA card.
W: at 13:17:54
My friend said he received a mailer on his account being upgraded, and I want to know if I was included.
Danny: at 13:18:16
Yes, all your BestBuy cards are converting to Visa card. You will receive the email shortly.
W: at 13:18:53
do you know when this will be happening?
Danny: at 13:20:42
The conversion will start in the month of June.
W: at 13:21:11
will I be getting just an email or something in the mail to confirm this?
Danny: at 13:21:59
Yes, you will receive a mail to. \
Danny: at 13:22:20
Yes, you will receive a mail as well.
W: at 13:22:48
oh ok thank you. will i receive the same limit?
W: at 13:23:37
do I need to opt in to the change?
Danny: at 13:24:00
You will be having the same limit. Only the card will change to Visa.
W: at 13:24:20
ok thank you.

So according to Danny on chat, I'm getting this upgrade, but haven't gotten anything in the mail or emails about this happening. We shall wait and see right.

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 38 of 65
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know if this will be a new account or will IT kept the history of current store card account. Does the letter says it or Nah?
Message 39 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the follow up. I hate inconsistency withing companies/call centers like this. As the OP i'm especially frustrated because I posted this to get confirmation from other members of the forums who have a BB SC or Visa or make them aware of the news. If what you say is the case, then I would be ineligible aslo. I will have to call again today and see.

You are very welcome my friend.. I hate conflicting information too.. I sent a SM after speaking with the CSR asking what was the eligibility criteria for the upgrade and also wondering why I never received a CLI.. I have had this card for 6 years at $2100..  They told me to close my account and re-apply, but no guarantee about which of the 4 cards I would be approved for.. Also that I need to take advantage of the marketing campaigns and make certain purchases to increase my CL. If not then request a CLI online.  I am not going to purchase unnecessary things just to get a CLI.  For that I should just cancel this card and use my CSP or Freedom and get the points while still getting the BB reward points, I don't need their card to accrue those points. 

Message 40 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.