Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Store Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy Store Card

Hey, I am thinking about applying for a Best Buy Store Card and was hoping people had some info about how they are.  I searched here and found some old information stating they were being trasnferred to Capital One (I already have their Platinum card, will that help me?)  Anyway, I also read they seemed to pull EQ, which would obviously be best for me (look at my sig).  Anyway, are these still tough to get and do they still pull EQ?  What are some known scores that have been approved?

I am waiting until the last CC balance I have is reported to 0 in a couple weeks to pay for my FICO score, but I anticipate it should be at least 650.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy Store Card

BB is kinda a rebuilder card with a high AF and high APR.. they only offer AF cards now which i think ranges from $39 to $59.

If it was me i'd get a secured card that graduated and get the limit to as high as possible to help util.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, I am not the least bit interested in any cards with an annual fee.  They don't offer any regular store cards without AFs?  I have never heard of AFs on store cards.  Also, they don't have any no interest financing?

Message 3 of 39
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, I am not the least bit interested in any cards with an annual fee.  They don't offer any regular store cards without AFs?  I have never heard of AFs on store cards.

there store card has no AF's so go for if u can 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 4 of 39
Juan123
Established Contributor

oh for some reason i assumed you meant the MC.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I meant the store card, but since you mentioned it, perhaps that is all they have?  I clicked on the 18 month no interest financing they listed on their website, and applying takes you to an HSBC page.  Under the terms, it says annual fee is $39-$59 based on creditworthiness.

Does anyone know if Best Buy still offers a store credit card that has no annual fee?

Edit:

I found this: https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=08881&LanguageIndicator=en&cmd_PopUp=Red...

That seems to have no annual fee for the main card.  Hope they pull EQ, then I should be good.

Message 6 of 39
jefftca925
Established Contributor

you want to go into the store to apply for the store card.  You don't have to buy a big ticket item but having something to purchase will help but not necessary.  Their store card has no AF either.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 7 of 39
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

The store card is harder to get than the BB MC. BB told me that it's because the MC *has* an AF, it is easier to get (they want the fees!). I believe you have to app for one or the other. It's not like some stores (e.g. GEMB), where you app and are approved for the best card and highest CL you qualify for. You app for the store card and are either approved or declined. If declined, then you would need to do a second app (and HP) for the MC, if you wanted to try for that one.

I would probably only app if I were going to make a big purchase and they had a promo interest. Otherwise, I don't think there are a lot of benefits to the store card. And it will be going to Cap One at some point, which IMO, I *don't* think is a good thing. But then, I'm not a Cap One fan. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 8 of 39
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

High 500's, Low 600's is not going to get you the Best Buy Store Card which has $0 AF.

You are most likely going to get Countered for either Gold or Platinum Best Buy Rewards Zone MasterCard with Annula fee $39-$59 as you saw on website.

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would most likely be applying at the store.  I am planning on buying a new laptop in the next month, either from Best Buy or an Apple Store.  I am currently leaning towards a Samsung Series 7 from Best Buy that is $999.  I will be applying to purchase this with 18 month interest free financing.

As for Capital One, I guess I have a certain loyalty to them.  They are me and my wife's only credit card and offered both of us unsecured cards with scores in the 500s.  I'm sure I will never get a CLI above my current $500, but I am still grateful they even gave me a card.

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.