Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Buy Store Card

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Re: Best Buy Store Card

Looks like u MAY qualify for a plan b can...a rebuilder ....set CL...no chance for a CLI..... its a extended credit account......

Message 11 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I don't qualify for the regular Best Buy store card, I'm just going to pay for the laptop with cash.  I have read most people seem to get EQ checked, which would be good for me as I have my best score there.  Once my CC payment posts, I should have a fairly solid EQ score.  I will just hope for the best.  It seems there is not much hope for a recon with the Best Buy card like there is with the Apple Store card.  If I am declined, should I even try?

Message 12 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

High 500's, Low 600's is not going to get you the Best Buy Store Card which has $0 AF.

You are most likely going to get Countered for either Gold or Platinum Best Buy Rewards Zone MasterCard with Annula fee $39-$59 as you saw on website.

I definitely don't expect to get it with my current listed scores.  They are a little bit outdated though.  Do you know if Best Buy does in fact pull Equifax?  My Equifax report is nice and clean and will surely be my best credit score.  I am waiting for a payment to my credit card to post which will bring my utilization down to 0% on one card and 2% on the other.  At that point, I will be buying an updated FICO, but I would expect it to be at least 650.

Experian will have no baddies by the end of March, but I would rather not wait that long.  TransUnion still has 4 baddies until May when it drops to 2 that are there for a couple years.  Still working on those last 2 PFDs.

I guess I'll see.  Any idea what kind of minimum score would be good enough?

Message 13 of 39
RyVision
Valued Contributor

When I applied in the store for a BB card Dec of 2010, I got the store card with a $900CL (Plan A it seems, it's now $1000).  I was told it was the best plan they had, I thought the MC would have been the better card until I was told it had an AF and you only got it if the store card didn't approve first.  You don't get to pick which one you get, it goes Plan A or B then MC with AF.

I was buying a couple things for a total of around $400 I think and thought I'd see about the 0% and the card deals.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 14 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the difference between Plan A and Plan B?

Also, RyVision, do you mind my asking if they pulled EQ for you and what your score was?

Message 15 of 39
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What's the difference between Plan A and Plan B?

Also, RyVision, do you mind my asking if they pulled EQ for you and what your score was?

Plan a you will get a cli and a lil lower rate but plan b you will get a set cl and a slightly higer rate.. they gave me a plan b a few years ago but the cl was 2k :-)

Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if Plan B has a higher rate, is it still eligible for Best Buy's interest free promotions?

Message 17 of 39
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So if Plan B has a higher rate, is it still eligible for Best Buy's interest free promotions?

Yes if I remebmer right. I just looked through my paperwork, they didn't list my EQ FICO on it anywhere (printout at the store with my terms etc). The pamphlets that came with it all implied that the store accounts can get the "same as cash" promotions (I'm not sure about the MC version).

They also only pulled EQ for me from what I can see.

[EDIT}:  A rough guess from what I can see how my scores were looking is that my EQ was probably around lower 600s at best when I applied, not sure though at all. So I would have been in the medium high risk FICO area at the time.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 18 of 39
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes if I remebmer right. I just looked through my paperwork, they didn't list my EQ FICO on it anywhere (printout at the store with my terms etc). The pamphlets that came with it all implied that the store accounts can get the "same as cash" promotions (I'm not sure about the MC version).

They also only pulled EQ for me from what I can see.

yes it is because i have the plan b store card and i plan on closing after paying my macbook off...i took the 18months 0% apr to pay it but i plan on paying it off in more like 4 months if not sooner

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 19 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, thank you very much.  As soon as EQ reports my lower CC balance (sometime shortly after 3/3), I will be headed back to Best Buy to apply.

Does anyone know what is up with Best Buy cards currently, since HSBC is being purchased by Capital One?

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.